In-Person Naked Weigh-In Challenge 2012

Options
toddlyons
toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
No, not really, but it made you look, didn't it? :devil: :laugh:

However, my mind was wandering on the subject of "What would it take to make you work harder to get a better body?"

Ongoing exposure live in front of others was really the most compelling thing I could think of to prevent diet cheating, number fudging, excuse making, and avoidance of check-ins or scrutiny by peers. Underwear and/or bathing suits is probably a more realistic option though. I actually find it less potentially embarrassing than posting underwear pics on a website like a lot of these brave souls.

What would it take for you to kick it up to the next level?

Replies

• prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure about in person naked/bathing suit/underwear weighing in... LOL

For me, in the past, I've set goals and made resolutions, but I've never made a solid plan with milestones I've committed to. Late in December, I registered for four races, and since then I've registered for two more. Bought and paid for. So far, I've spent about $300 just on race entry fees.

Those are my milestones.

Over the past few days, I've also built a 7 month training plan. I paid for various apps for my smartphone to bring me through it. I used to be very fit, so I always thought I could fly by the seat of my pants and get back to where I was. I know now that I need a plan, and I think mine is solid. I've been training pretty intensely for the past month, but I'm excited to REALLY get started.

So, back to the in-person accountability, maybe we could plan a NCRFP beach party early in the summer? Give me a chance to get a little closer to my goals before asking me to take my clothes off! ;)
  • toddlyons
    Options
    I think an early summer beach party would be an excellent idea, though I think I'd rather keep the scales and underwear stuff indoors.

Bathing suits would be a go. I'd have to buy one though. I haven't owned one in years. ;-)
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'd be down with a beach party :)

But even better still, a monthly meetup for some sort of fun activity that gets us moving would be cool. Go for a hike, a swim at a local pool (drop in water aerobics!), if someone's got the space - a night of Just Dance or Wii sports. Another one that is kind of fun to do, is a community kitchen. Get together and cook healthy freezer meals that everyone gets to take at least 1 serving home of each etc.
  • prettypooks
    Options
    That's a great idea. I read a blog about a group out in Colorado that got together to walk the stairs of a giant amphitheatre. I thought it was really cool that they got together and did something active.

Maybe we could all do something during Winterlude?
  • toddlyons
    Options
    I'm in, so long as the time works.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I hear a good stair workout is the stairs behind parliament :P we could go up and down those a good dozen times or so!
  • prettypooks
    Options
    Awesome idea! I wonder if they bother to clear the snow off them... I'll take a walk on my lunch break at work on Monday and find out!