Brief introduction

Options
Tell us a little bit about yourself and your journey thus far. My name is Bobbi, I am a 35 year old mother of 3 girls. I have been over-weight most of my adult life. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Therefore, I am ready now more than ever to shed this weight once and for all! I have been out of the 190s several times in the past two years........but I have always gained back up into the 190s. Honestly, I think it has just been a mind block - time to break it down!

HW (Heighest weight) 226 in 2007
SW (starting on here) 202 in 2010
CW (as of today...or last weigh in) 197.4 on 12-27-2011

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    My name is Gale. I have a wonderful 6 year old girl. I am in a relationship with a really great guy! I have been heavy since onset of puberty, and have been working my way down. I have gotten to 193 and it wont budge! GRRRRRRRRR :explode: I live in Florida and have pretty much all my life. I love it here!

sw: 342
    cw: 193
    gw: 150 (ish)
  • lhcheather
    Options
    Growing up I was very active and lucky to never have a weight issue. In my early 20's I felt perfect and beautiful and then at almost 24 everything changed for me. My husband deployed for over a year and I started having emotional issues about my family and my husband being deployed. Initially the weight gain felt good, I didn't like all of the attention I was constantly ambushed with and I wanted to crawl in myself. now I just turned 28 and it has been a slippery slope. I was happy and perfect feeling at 160, and for the last year I have been teetering through the 190's. Every year since it has been harder and harder to change it. I feel like atleast in my 190's I have stopped the gain but losing is hard. It just seems like I can't break back in to the 180's. I want to be back to 160, that is my goal. I am almost 5'9" and more muscley than other girls so it was my ideal weight, where I could be in a bikini and felt good and look good in every picture without hesitation. I want that back. I joined about a month ago and have gotten down 4 lbs, but have stalled for the last two weeks due to me eating what I want over the holidays. I refuse to diet ever again. Diets don't work and I feel like they are a mind game. But I do believe in making positive choices, and that is my goal. I don't want to punich myself for my failures, it only makes it harder. Good luck everyone.
    GW: 160
    CW: 196
    SW: 200
  • guido1939
    guido1939 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dan. Heaviest weight: 286. Had lap band surgery 10/09. Lost 80 # first year. Leveled out @ 197#. Had hip replacement surgery 11/11. Had 2 have band deflated before surgery. Have gained back approx. 6#. Having band re-inflated next week ( 01/05/12 ) & looking forward to getting back. Ideal weight SB 175#, but cardio. says 190s is fine. I highly recommend 'banding.'
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, My name is Kelly. I am 26 and from Grimsby Ontario Canada. I have been "chubby" all my life. My heaviest weight was 224 lbs. I joined WW in the past and lost 45 lbs. I stoped the program to do it on my own and gain back some weight. I started MFP 46 days ago at 198lbs. I have lost approx 1 lbs a week, and I am currently 192 lbs. I started MFP to become healthier. I have been with my Boyfriend for 18months, and he is very fit and active. I would like that for myself. In March I am running my first 5km race and have been training for it since I starte MFP. I would like this to be the first of many races.
    SW 198 lbs
    CW 192 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, My name is Kelly. I am 26 and from Grimsby Ontario Canada. I have been "chubby" all my life. My heaviest weight was 224 lbs. I joined WW in the past and lost 45 lbs. I stoped the program to do it on my own and gain back some weight. I started MFP 46 days ago at 198lbs. I have lost approx 1 lbs a week, and I am currently 192 lbs. I started MFP to become healthier. I have been with my Boyfriend for 18months, and he is very fit and active. I would like that for myself. In March I am running my first 5km race and have been training for it since I starte MFP. I would like this to be the first of many races.
    SW 198 lbs
    CW 192 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm Tonya. I have 2 girls. An 8 year old and 5 year old. I teach 3rd grade. My husband's a cop who is going through a MLC (yes they do exist.)

SW 280+ (Sept 09)
    CW 195 ish
    GW 145-155

Right now i"m in a lazy depressed mode. Trying to change that. I had gotten all the way down to 180 and it creeped back up. I think food is OK. I need to get my butt on my treadmill.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Name is Rachel. Musician and mother of 2. Started my journey Oct. 2nd of 2010 and have lose 156 to date!

SW- 350
    CW- 194
    GW- 160 ish
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Linda. I am 25 and have been struggling for years. When I got married I was 123 and want so badly to get back there. My ex hunsband and I broke up shortly after our daughter was born and the weight just seemed to pour on. I was stressed out, depressed and scared. I had just turn 20 and didn't know how to handle any of. By the time I was 21, I was 260. I stopped gaining at that point but didn't start losing until I was 23. I got down to 170 on my own, but didn't keep it off. Now I am at 198 and am determined to lose it! My daughter is 6 and tiny I want her to know you how to eat right and exercise. I never want her to have to struggle. She is also very girly and is already in chear, I don't want her to be ashamed of my size.

HW: 260
    SW: 200
    CW: 198
    GW: 120
  • Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica. I have been overweight my entire life (I am 29 now). After trying countless diets and exercise attempts, I had lapband surgery on July 11, 2011. I have been doing really well and have been able to lose without too many adjustments. I just made it out of the 200s on Christmas morning and was at 196 this morning. Good luck everyone! We can do this!

SW - 272
    CW - 196
    GW - 150
  • Court222010
    Options
    I'm Courtney! I'm 19 years old. I'm a college student a waitress. I've struggled with my weight all of my life and for the first time, I'm actually dedicated to making some changes. I started using MFP on October 7th, 2011 and have enjoyed seeing the results ever since!

Height- 5'7"
    SW- 209 lbs
    CW- 197 lbs
    GW- 165-170ish lbs

My mini New Years goal is to be 195 lbs. I hope joining this group will give me the little boost of motivation I need to reach that goal! :smile:
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm Tonya. I have 2 girls. An 8 year old and 5 year old. I teach 3rd grade. My husband's a cop who is going through a MLC (yes they do exist.)

SW 280+ (Sept 09)
    CW 195 ish
    GW 145-155

Right now i"m in a lazy depressed mode. Trying to change that. I had gotten all the way down to 180 and it creeped back up. I think food is OK. I need to get my butt on my treadmill.

It is amazing to me that so many of us have the "same story" I have really thought all this time that it is just me, in this funk and stuck! I too got down to 180 and then just gained it back gradually.

We can do this - I am soooooooo excited to get out of the 190s once and for all!
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    MY name is Nadine
    Starting weight 289
    Cw:198 for the last 3 months I have been from 192-198
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Goal weight 160-165
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My SW on MFP this time last year was 198, my weight this year is 198. Throughout the year I have fluctuated from 188-199 and for some reason my body will not let the scale move. Frustrating beyond belief!!!! I have lost inches and with MFP I have been able to go from thinking that I was eating healthy to eating healthy with some caved days. I have learned with MFP and family that I am important and that I love myself, that it is ok to have a bad day here and there but that I am strong enough to continue this journey.

I am aiming to reach my goal weight of 135-140 before or on my 32nd Birthday in May, which means i need to step it up just not sure how or what it is that my body needs to wake up and show me the numbers that I want in the scale. Thank you for making this group up, I now know that I'm not the only one on here that feels like she will be a size 5 at 198lbs because the bloody scale won't budge.

(sorry for the rant)
  • laporter62
    laporter62 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My name is Linda and Iive in Australia
    I have always been chubby all my life, I did lose 66lb 15 years ago after having two children
    Due to work pressure, study and no time for me, it has all slowly creeped back on
    I have lost 19lb over the past 13 weeks and am sitting at 193lb
    I have always been compared to my two sisters who have always been smaller than me as children, alhough one is now larger than me, but has all sorts of health issues
    My husband is obese and wont do anything about it, even though he has had one kidney removed and is on blood pressure mediation. my doctor put me on blood pressure medication about 6 months ago, i took them for 1 month and then told him that i was going to lose the weight instead and was not going to take the tablets anymore
    i am not going to get left behind with them, and i am not going to go in any medication and i am trying to turn my life around and make time for me to be slimmer, happier and healthy
    I look forward to being in contact with you all on our journey together :flowerforyou:

HW 231lb
    SW 193lb
    GW 154lb
  • mrsrobbo85
    mrsrobbo85 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Laura, 26 from the UK. Just had my first baby 8 weeks ago.. have managed to lose 24lb since then.. including the weight of the little man!! but now stuck at 199.9 so need a little extra motivation!
    xx
  • punkin79314
    Options
    I am Jenn stay at home mommy to 2 lil ones. I have basically been stuck in the 190's for the past year.

SW-195
    CW195
    GW-130-140
  • slynn88
    slynn88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah and still very new to this website. I have always felt I was overweight since high school. I definitely gained the freshman 15 plus some when I was away at college. I am 23 now and have been out of college and at my current job for a year and a half. Over the last 6 months I have been feeling worse and having much lower self esteem. I do not like what I see when I look in the mirror or see pictures, and I am having back problems that may be related to weight. I also have a desk job and commute over 2.5 hours a day. My career is stressful, and I have to continue taking professional exams for a few more years to become certified in my field. Therefore, once I get home from my long commute, I have to study for a couple more hours which has made me even more sedentary than I was in college. I finally weighed myself last night and I am at 194. I have gained 8lbs in the last 6 months, and I'm definitely seeing/feeling the difference. This is my first serious attempt at weight loss, and I'm hoping this site will help motivate me. My goal weight is 150-160.
  • stephiebam
    stephiebam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Stephanie and I am a 21 year old college student. I reached my highest weight of 250 lbs two years ago. At that point, I started to change my eating habits and lost my first 25 lbs. This past summer, I discovered MFP and lost about 27 more pounds which brings me down to around 198 lbs. However, I hope to breeze through the 190's to get as far away from the 200's as possible. I would really appreciate the extra support and am willing to help motivate others. We can do this! :smile:
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My name is Jeanie, mother of 3, 8 yr old boy, 3 yr old boy, and 11 month old girl.... happily married in San Antonio, TX. for 10 years in June 2012...
    . I was my heavies a couple years back when my husband got deployed to Iraq. I got active and dropped some of my weight between my last two kids... but didn't really have the light switch come on to really get serious about losing weight until my last birthday, Sept 2, 2011.

I promised myself and posted on Facebook a picture and announced my weight loss challenge to be at least 50lbs lighter by my next birthday...

To my surprise... I am already 36 lbs lighter... I plan to reach my goal before my next birthday... 145lbs...

HW: 260
    SW: 234
    CW: 198
    GW 145

Let's make a healthy life change together as we write our success stories!!! :happy: