BEST Running shoes?

Options
I've had foot problems in the past, mainly my Arches but it's gotten better over the last 2 years. I've been wearing Asics for the past two years since I've been running. I really want something better. I need a shoe with MAJOR arch support...any suggestion? I've tired inserts as well but that makes the shoes not fit well. Thanks.

{SARAH}

Replies

• jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Look for a specialty running shoe store that does foot and stride analysis. The people working in the store should be able to recommend a shoe specifically for your stride and arch.

The BEST shoe is the one that works best for YOU.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have a flexible flat foot and I super overpronate when I run. I got fitted for Asics at my local running store & love them. I keep re-buying the same shoe when they get worn out. I have inserts from the Doctor (I had bunion surgery on one foot a few years ago) that are ROCK HARD to provide the special arch support I need. I would suggest getting inserts from a doctor then trying them on with the shoes when you are shoe shopping. The arch supports built into shoes breaks down long before the shoe itself wears out usually, so buying inserts from a Doctor that can be used for years would stretch your money the furthest.
  • saraht77
    Options
    I would suggest getting inserts from a doctor then trying them on with the shoes when you are shoe shopping. The arch supports built into shoes breaks down long before the shoe itself wears out usually, so buying inserts from a Doctor that can be used for years would stretch your money the furthest.

You are totally right about the arch support part of shoe wearing down fast! Cant believe it! Well I just might have to find a GOOD insert! Thanks, for the reminding/suggestions!
    {Sarah}