Foods

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
So what is everyone eating?

I teach and am currently on break> YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! So it's Ok. I struggle a bit with school and lunches. Like I was on this kick of caesar salad which was good but I'm sure I overdid it on the dressing OOPS LOL)

So i'm looking for ideas.

For breakfast I'm going to go back to my serving of shredded mini wheats.

Replies

• 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Tonya - you should try changing over to fat free dressings, they kind of have a weird taste in the beginning, but then you wil get use to them.

As far as breakfast goes, I have been having an Atkins shake and a piece of fruit. However, last night when I was trying to go to sleep, I was brainstorming on how I got out of the 190s the last time and stayed out for a few months. I use to be partcipate in a weight loss program called Thin and Healthy. Basically, you get to eat out of all food groups, and you count your fat grams. They gave us these pamplets that gave us food choices.

For breakfast (they want you to alternate daily)

protein (egg, egg beater or FF cottage cheese)
    Grain (1 slice of whole wheat bread or english muffin)
    Fruit (these varied depending on what stage you were in, but in the beginning it was basically anything accept berries and melon - so banana, orange, apple, pear, grapes, etc)

Then the next day:
    grain (cereal any of the cheerios, shredded wheat, any chex, oatmeal)
    protein (FF yogurt or FF cottage cheese)
    fruit - same as above

Not sure if this helps you or not - but I plan on going back to this and maybe every once in a while, I will have my Atkins shake instead

I am going to try to find my pamplets and I will share more info :)
  • 2011_4mygirls
    Options
    Another thing that Thin and Healthy taught was recipe alternatives - to make our favorite foods more healthy!

The favorite thing I learned was how to make Fat Free mashed potatos

Cook your potatos like normal and then add either FF sour cream or FF cream cheese, parkay FF butter spray and skim milk

these are wonderful - and NOBODY else in your family has to know that they are FF!!!
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs for breakfast... I have heard that you should look at your food intake as an upside down pyramid... eat a lot for breakfast then a little less for lunch, and then a little less for dinner. I snack all day... I love yogurt as a alternative to real sweets... and I love pasta... so I eat it in moderation... smaller portions...

I try not to deny myself of anything... because I don't want to feel like I am dieting.. or being punished... I just make healthier alternatives or smaller amounts of it... and/or workout more to splurge more...

I live by the saying... I work out so I can eat... lol.

Hungry girl... is a website that has good recipes with all of the nutritional facts listed... I use ground Fiber One cereal as a breading to add extra fiber into our diets... etc... it taste good. :)

I always buy celery, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms... every time I grocery shop and cut them up shortly after I get home so I have them on hand for snacking and taking to work with me for a snack... works great for me!!!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Tonya - you should try changing over to fat free dressings, they kind of have a weird taste in the beginning, but then you wil get use to them.

As far as breakfast goes, I have been having an Atkins shake and a piece of fruit. However, last night when I was trying to go to sleep, I was brainstorming on how I got out of the 190s the last time and stayed out for a few months. I use to be partcipate in a weight loss program called Thin and Healthy. Basically, you get to eat out of all food groups, and you count your fat grams. They gave us these pamplets that gave us food choices.

For breakfast (they want you to alternate daily)

protein (egg, egg beater or FF cottage cheese)
    Grain (1 slice of whole wheat bread or english muffin)
    Fruit (these varied depending on what stage you were in, but in the beginning it was basically anything accept berries and melon - so banana, orange, apple, pear, grapes, etc)

Then the next day:
    grain (cereal any of the cheerios, shredded wheat, any chex, oatmeal)
    protein (FF yogurt or FF cottage cheese)
    fruit - same as above

Not sure if this helps you or not - but I plan on going back to this and maybe every once in a while, I will have my Atkins shake instead

I am going to try to find my pamplets and I will share more info :)

This sounds good, wouldn't mind having a copy shame we don't live in the same area.....
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs for breakfast... I have heard that you should look at your food intake as an upside down pyramid... eat a lot for breakfast then a little less for lunch, and then a little less for dinner. I snack all day... I love yogurt as a alternative to real sweets... and I love pasta... so I eat it in moderation... smaller portions...

I try not to deny myself of anything... because I don't want to feel like I am dieting.. or being punished... I just make healthier alternatives or smaller amounts of it... and/or workout more to splurge more...

I live by the saying... I work out so I can eat... lol.

Hungry girl... is a website that has good recipes with all of the nutritional facts listed... I use ground Fiber One cereal as a breading to add extra fiber into our diets... etc... it taste good. :)

I always buy celery, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms... every time I grocery shop and cut them up shortly after I get home so I have them on hand for snacking and taking to work with me for a snack... works great for me!!!

Yes Hungry girl is great I have some of her recipe books and thanks for the veggie advice i would buy them but never cut them up and then I would get lazy and of course they would go to waste shame on ME!!! Now I will cut them up right away....
  • 2011_4mygirls
    Options
    white chicken chilli and cornbread (made with egg beaters) for supper tonight :)