Starting Week 1

Options
I am ready to start Week 1. Any suggestions on how to start and also on how to keep going?

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    just put on your shoes (or don't) and running clothes and start following the program. you can get an app on your smartphone or ipod that will tell you via your headset when to start running or walking.

If you are verrrrry overweight or verrrrrrrry out of shape you might want to do a week where you walk for 3 or 4 days (just walk the whole thing) to get your legs moving, then go ahead and start week 1. It starts gentle, you'll be fine!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body! If you need to repeat a particular day or week, then do it!

Focus on your breathing! If your breathing gets out of control and you aren't getting the proper amount of oxygen, you will feel like you physically can't complete the run. Steady in, steady out.
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just started last week using the "Ease into 5k" app for my ipod. I like it and it works with music from your own playlists.
  • frogman4591
    Options
    My app works with my Android phone and uses my notification sound to alert me if I need to change from walk to run and vice versa. That way I can watch a movie and not watch that sloooooow timer! :smile: