DVD set i got for christmas

Options
kimclaws
kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
My dad got me "Bendability Fitness Series for Pole Dancers Complete Box Set " for christmas, and I really have to say that I am imposed, it includes everything that can help you be a better pole dancer, I really love the flexibility dvd, I am so happy with it, and the conditioning DVD kicked my butt! lol
so If you decide you want a good dvd set that is worth the money I would say this one.
I have tried many others and this is by far my favorite!

Replies

• hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Does it show any advanced moves? I'm looking for dvds but I need something that teaches hard stuff.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Can you compare it to the Althea Austin stretch video. I have it, but I'm really not thrilled with it.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    Does it show any advanced moves? I'm looking for dvds but I need something that teaches hard stuff.

Have you looked at the Jamilla Deville Art of Pole DVDs?
  • kimclaws
    Options
    I have yet to find a good advanced dvd, I have one or two but I don't really like them, I think "the art of pole" dvd's might be my next purchase, The ones that I just got, do not show much advanced stuff but it shows you how to condition , stretch, and strengthen your muscles so you CAN do more advanced stuff, I really just watch youtube videos and try and teach myself harder stuff, so far that has worked out ok for me.
  • kimclaws
    Options
    and no I have not seen the Austin video, but i really do like this one , it counts down the seconds for you in each stretch position, and it is made for pole dancers.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought any yet because I didn't want to get one I didn't like. I'll look into the Althea austin ones. I usually just watch youtube too.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    I wouldn't really recommend the Althea Austin stretching DVD.
    Pros:
    -It is made for pole dancers.

Cons:
    - Although she says you're going to hold each stretch for 30 seconds, most of the stretches aren't held that long.
    - There are no instructions for proper form or where you should feel each stretch.
    - She often moves without giving you a verbal cue, so if your head is down (which it often is) you have no idea what is going on.
    - There are parts of the DVD where she is stretching her feet, but you can't actually see her feet, so you don' t know what she's doing for several second, until they pan down.

I know people who like the Althea Austin DVD, but I'm really not sure why. I really wish I'd gotten the Bendability ones, but I knew so many people who liked the Austin DVD. Later I found out most of them didn't know the other DVDs existed. Duh. :(
  • kimclaws
    Options
    Yea the ones i have explain how each stretch will help you with pole dancing, and also there is time between each stretching exercise, so you know when she is moving to the next one,
  • margerator
    Options
    I have the Jamilla Deville DVDS, and they are exceptional! There are five discs, and they progress from beginner level to advanced. So, you can kinda track your progress with each DVD you cover!