Week 1

Options
124»

Replies

• O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Core synergistics. Wow- is all I gotta say about that. My upper body is going to be strong in 90 days- right now it is weak. Couldn't do the dreya rolls as I get motion sickness easily, so had to modify that one. I did finish and did the bonus round. I felt very nauseated and had an extreme headache. I had my morning shake and I still felt nauseated, so I layed down for a few hours till the headache subsided. I know for a fact that alot of this was caused by lack of sleep, and was in fasting mode. Tomorrow is cardio day. Looking forward it. I didn't use any weights or bands today. Want to make sure I have the technique down first.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am doing my 2nd round of P90X, started Monday. I love the Chest and Back and for some strange insane reason, I have always loved the Ab Ripper X.

Anyone know where I can get a chart showing on average how may calories are burned using each P90X dvd for a 250 lbs male?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of P90X Lean today, Core Synergestics. My upperbody has always been pretty weak so I had to modify or skip a lot of the push-up moves. But I tried to do at least 1 rep of all of them. Skipped the bonus. The whole time I kept in mind that this round will be the physically hardest, its all downhill (or uphill?) from here on forward.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    question- what do you eat just prior to ur workout. i am beg tomm morning- first thing...banana, toast..I have larabars-half of that???help!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    question- what do you eat just prior to ur workout. i am beg tomm morning- first thing...banana, toast..I have larabars-half of that???help!

I do my workouts in the evening, but I've read that you should try to not eat less than 1 hour before a workout. If you have the energy, try to workout before breakfast, or maybe have the toast and leave the banana/larabars afterwards, its good to eat carbs and protein especially after weight training.
  • TnVeggie
    TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started the classic version on Sunday. I thought Day 1 was bad enough, but the Plyometrics just about did me in (and I was only able to do about 1/2 what the video folks did). I couldn't sit down at work today and my patients were asking me if I was ok! Managed to get through the shoulders & chest today, but couldn't do some of the ab work because my legs were so sore! Very much looking forward to sleep tonight, and hopefully waking up less sore tomorrow.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Very much looking forward to sleep tonight, and hopefully waking up less sore tomorrow.

Weezafran, stick at it and do what you can. Unfortunately you will be sore for the first few days, but at least you know it's having an effect. I just started the 3rd week and that pain has been gone for a few days now.
  • kelzs1
    kelzs1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you been on Beach Body site? I'm not sure if it tells you, but I know there are thousands of people on there. I'm sure you could get an idea. I use a HRM, but I am older than you, and female so I know it would burn way more calories for you. I'm guessing you are burning at least around 600 for most of them. Yoga may be less and possibly Kenpo. My friend who is in her 30's always has a burn of between 450 and 630. I know men actually have a speedier metabolism. I can't believe you love ARX and chest. You must be crazy:-) Good luck, and I hope you've found your answer by now. I just saw your question, and I don't know how to tell if someone already responded.

Kelley
  • jdthurm
    jdthurm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Week 2 plyometrics today. The second week is definitely better than the first. I can already see I'm hitting pause less and finishing the exercises. Not anywhere near as sore as I was last week.