Hi there!

Options
Hi, i'm just gonna throw this out there. I was christened CofE but don't feel that church is for me. I like nature and walking barefoot in the grass, being kind to people and being mindful of karma - what on earth am I!! Pls can someone offer some advice as I feel i'm going mad, lol!! xx

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    If you feel that church isn't for you, feel free to experiment with other paths. You're the only one who can say what you are. The more you can learn about what you believe, the easier it is to find your path. Most people who become pagan tend start with Wicca since that's the most well known path. Some stay with it and others move on to other paths as their spirituality evolves.

If you've got questions, feel free to ask. We won't bite ;)

Best wishes,

Ryan

This. I was raised Wiccan/Pagan. No, they are not the same path. Wicca is more like the ritual-following individuals, whereas Pagan is absolutely more of a way of life, kind of like what you are describing. I am both. Like Ryan said, we won't bite. Much. Unless you ask :)
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm just gonna throw this out there. I was christened CofE but don't feel that church is for me. I like nature and walking barefoot in the grass, being kind to people and being mindful of karma - what on earth am I!! Pls can someone offer some advice as I feel i'm going mad, lol!! xx

Hi, if someone says 'I'm Christian," I really don't know much about their path. Are they Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Pentecostal, etc. etc. The same is true of paganism. There are many pagan paths; Wicca, Druidry, Asatru, Heathen, Celtic Reconstructinist, and on and on. My suggestion would be to start reading about the ones that you think you may be drawn to, especially so called "earth based' (I'm partial to Druidry and am a member of OBOD, ADF, & the Henge of Keltria)

However, know also that it is perfectly okay to not feel the need to label yourself. For a long time I would tell people "I am spiritual, not religious. For some reason they were more accepting of that than if I said " I am pagan." Now that I myself am better educated on what paganism is and is not, I don't feel like I have to hide it from anyone.

And again, feel free to ask questions, it's true we don't bite....
  • skyllahekatea
    Options
    My advice-- Read, read, read, read, read...books, articles, websites, forums, magazines....doesn't matter where the info comes from, just read. But read with a jaundiced eye. Take everything with a grain of salt...only you can know what feels right for you. I could fill a library with the books I've read and when I read something that is wrong for me, I know it instantly. If you ask 10 Pagans to define Paganism, you will get 20 answers. Use your instincts... they are the truest gift the Goddess ever gave us. AND HAVE FUN!!!!