Week 1 Challenge - Journal Everything

Options
jennyjo79
jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
After some thought, I decided that a great place to start is always to make sure you're journaling each & every bite; holding you accountable for what you're putting in your mouth. How easy is it to take a nibble of something as you're passing thru the kitchen or cleaning off the leftovers on your kids plates without giving it much thought? Suddenly, before you realize it, you have an extra 100, 200 or 300 calories that you didn't account for. So, this week, I thought we'd start out by commiting to JOURNALING EVERYTHING.

Replies

• BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Done! I think half of my success has come from food logging. I never realized what I was eating before doing it. It may seem tedious at times, but it pays off and keeps you in line.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Done! I think half of my success has come from food logging. I never realized what I was eating before doing it. It may seem tedious at times, but it pays off and keeps you in line.

You have been doing so awesome logging, girl! You've inspired ME to get more diligent again.

I know when I first started Weight Watchers I had a paper journal and would write everything in there and felt great to hold myself accountable for everything. It helped show me where I was at and where I was going.
    It's a little harder for me to log on-line, since I don't always have the internet readily available, but I've decided if I can make time for things like Facebook and OD, I can definitely make time for this.
    Also, I have to say, I really enjoy peeking in at others diary's now & then, because it gives me some good ideas of things I may not otherwise think to make/eat. In Weight Watchers we had a traveling journal - where someone new took it home every week and then passed it onto someone else in the next meeting - and I loved the concept. Not only did you get to see what others were eating and it helped give you ideas, as I just mentioned, but it also helped when I was the one with the journal, because it made me be more concious knowing someone else was going to be seeing it when I was done. :)