Beating the mind block!!!!

Options
Ok, until I posted this group, I thought that I was the only one struggling to get out of the 190s. However, I have realized that there are several others in the same trap. I have been asking myself why? Is it because we do not exercise enough? Is it because we eat too much?? Are our bodies just comfortable here?

I know for myself, I have exercised more in the past 4 months than I have in the past 2 years. So, I have come to the conclusion that mine has to be calories consumed!! I will just go through the drive through today for a large coke - what will it hurt? I will get fries with my happy meal today - what will it hurt? I am going to cave into my chocolate cravings with a snickers, what will it hurt?

Obviously, it has stopped me from breaking free from the 190s! My goal is to conquer this once and for all! So I have made a few plans of what I am going to do!

#1 I am going to log into MFP every single day! It is way too easy to “forget” about our mission for a week or two or even longer!
#2 No more regular pop at all!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER
#3 Slowly get myself down to one diet pop per day
#4 Make sure that I get a min. of 30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 days per week ---but going to AIM at atleast an hour!
#5 Weigh daily (I know that a lot of people say this is a big NO NO - However, for me, I feel like it helps me stay on track and I deeply believe that everyone is different and we have to do what works for us.

What are you going to do?????

Replies

• chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well I plan on:

1. logging everything that goes into my mouth that I eat, even if it is candy
    2. try not to eat fried foods
    3. try to get at least 30 mins of exercise from the gym (3 days a week)
    4. be happy with myself and don't get discouraged....
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My plan for 2012 is to:

Log Daily
    Exercise at least 4-5 times per week for an hour...
    Make healthy food choices
    Portion control
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2012.

Download the MFP app on my Iphone.
    Drink more water.
    Portion control.
    Push myself to exercise daily, even on the days I do not want to.
    Watch my cravings.
    Work on mind control.
    Stay positive.