Recipe's

Options
hiwy44
hiwy44 Posts: 13 Member
Anyone have any favorite recipe's. I am trying to eat better. I like the list Dr. Oz has for 100 foods to have. And I like all kinds of foods, oriental, mexican, italian, american, lol all of it!

Just looking for some new recipe's??

Replies

• HeyHeyRae
    Options
    hungrygirl.com gives you TONS of healthy remakes of the stuff we love the most along with the nutritional information so you can track it too! I love that page. I've also made a small change in my breakfast. I don't scramble my egg anymore. I take a hardboiled egg and smash it up with a little pepper and salt and the only difference between that and a scrambled egg is I didn't have to fry it with oil, butter, or a cooking spray (those leave funky tastes to me). I've also started replacing things like sausage with the vegetarian kind. They have waaaaaay less fat, calories, and even sodium. Morning Star Farms is my favorite brand. It's a little bit pricey, but totally worth it. Good Luck!
  • Kimbosbc
    Kimbosbc Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I recently bought some healthy cookbooks and have been working on trying a few things per week to keep it interesting. So far I have tried Sauteed Peppers and Snow Peas and Leek and Parmesan Stuffed Potatoes. Both were really good. Let me know if you are interested in either and I will post them. I hope to have several others.

Also, I eat a lot of fish. It is really good with salsa baked on top of it and there are no added calories. Just an idea.
  • HeyHeyRae
    Options
    I'm curious about these stuffed potatoes!!! Also, if the stuffed potatoes turned out so good, I wonder how it would be if we remade the recipe and did stuffed peppers instead! hmmmmmm, experiment time!
  • hiwy44
    hiwy44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love the recipe's, stuffed peppers, good idea. And Salsa on my fish, I am trying that one!!
  • Kimbosbc
    Kimbosbc Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I will add the recipes once I get home this evening, I don't have them with me here at work. I'm sure that there is a way to do stuffed peppers but the only problem is what do you use for stuffing? With potatoes you actually use the potatoes but you can't do that with peppers. I'm sure we can come up with something though.

I also got a healthy desserts cookbook and will be trying some of those soon too. I will keep everyone posted on that progress. LOL