Snack Ideas?

Options
First of all, hello. :) I'm new to the entire website (having just started yesterday) and so that means I'm also new to this group!

I've always been really interested in working towards eating clean, despite the fact that I literally eat fast food twice a day (embarrassing, I know, but that will happen no more!)

I have some great ideas for breakfasts and dinners, which is usually where the fast food comes in for me, but I'm struggling with snack ideas.

I'm a teacher and therefore I don't really have time to prepare something snack wise in my classroom because I'm teaching. I do have a prep in the afternoon which makes it a bit easier for snack then, but most days I have meetings.

Does anyone have a really simple snack that they like to eat? I'm open to pretty much any ideas! Thanks! :)

Replies

• Beverly1070
    Beverly1070 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I have to grab something and don't have time for prep, I like to grab a handful of natural almonds with fruit like pear or apple. Hummus and carrots, Plain Greek Yogert with fresh fruit and honey, FF cottage cheese and fruit, whole wheat tortilla with nut butter and flax seed...

These are a few that I know of.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Beverly pretty much covered all my ideas lol....I've been obsessed with apple w/ peanut butter lately. (go for peanut butter that raw nuts are the only ingredient YUM)
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, too. Great ideas were listed above... I use all of those. I usually carry around a serving of some type of nuts or raw veggies with me as a snack. I divvy them up on the weekends into baggies so that I can grab and go each day. Lara bars are clean and yummy, but I have to watch the calories. They are around 200 and I have to make sure I have room for them in the day if i plan to eat one.

Good luck! Eating clean made me feel so much better and gave me more energy. :)
  • JennyGeek
    Options
    Yay thanks for all the suggestions! I went grocery shopping and picked up some plain yogurt and a jar of honey. Tonight I had some plain low-fat yogurt, Ezekiel cereal and honey all mixed in together. I'm a picky eater but it was delicious!

I also picked up some apples and peanut butter along with baby carrots and hummus. I'll work on divvying them out tomorrow so I'm all set for when I get back to work on Wednesday. I totally didn't think of almonds! I'll have to write that down and remember it for when I go grocery shopping again!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Most of my favourites are already listed here - but you might also like to make your own trail mix.
    Almonds, popcorn, dried fruit (see if you can find some without added sugar or preservatives), other nuts, dried vege chips (if you can get them). Just make sure you bag it up into single servings so you can keep track of your portions.
    Other than that - fruit is good, veggies even better - less calories, not so much sugar. My favourite veggie snacks are cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery, raw cauliflower, steamed broccoli, snow peas, asparagus (that's a bit pricey though!)
    You can make hommus or other dips really easily by blending up chick peas or other beans and adding something tasty like chilli or herbs. Or mix some chilli sauce or fresh herbs (mint or basil are yummy) into plain natural yoghurt.