Aussie's with greater than 30kg to lose?

Options

Replies

• 2012loseit
    2012loseit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i want to lose at least 35kg by the end of the year...
  • butterflyjane
    Options
    I have about 45kg to lose to get to the top range of my goal. I will see how I feel from there. I would like to lose 33kg by September 2012. It is going to be hard but I think it can be acheived. I only just start with MFP today.

I am doing this on my own essentially so any help/friends for support would be fantastic. If we stick together the way forward will seem alot easier. It would be nice to bounce ideas off people, learn things from others, just be there for each other on the tough days.
  • dxjpht
    dxjpht Posts: 4
    Options
    30kg's to loose before May 2012..
    Any support would be great..
    Im New & very confused on how this site works...

HELP!!!
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30kg's to loose before May 2012..

That is a LOT to lose in a short amount of time. :( You should be aiming for a max of about 1kg a week, after the first bunch of weight comes off (most people drop a lot in the first weeks, then it evens off). It took me a year to lose 26kg.
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    Starting weight in MFP 122kg. Lost 35kg in 9months.

Stopped MFP 4months ago and gained 4kg. Getting back into again to lose another 14kg until I get to my goal weight.

Slow and steady wins the race. :smile:
  • demhareis
    Options
    Perthite with 30kg to lose.

My biggest frustration is that I'll drop about five kg in about as many weeks, then something happens and I gain three back in three days. Wish I could figure out why. It's not like my diet or exercise changes. I wish I knew what the missing variable was in the whole diet/exercise equation.
  • thepegasus
    thepegasus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i started at 104 kilos in oct 2011 and now down to 91.3... :) so ive lost 12.7 so far (YAY) .. my aim is to lose 30 odd to get down to about 75

but if i want to be in the healthly BMI range i should get down to 60 kilos min... but i honestly cant see myself being at that weight!!!
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have to drop about 50kg but i would be happy with anything over 30kg.
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've got about 30kg to go give or take a few, but my main priority aside from keeping these awesome wicked good new habits happening is smashing the **** out of the last 1.5kg of my mini goal of 95kg, then I'll be happy to coast ..... Reset my goals.... Think about how I'm going to make what I want a reality... Plan my attack.... And then smash the **** out of the next 5kgs.
    It's not all about the weight though, my arms are getting definition I want more... O want to be able to do at least one pull up, I want to pass my level one derby assessments and claimy derby name through two evils and I want to be able to jump a witches hat (you know the road side ones) & land it oh and I wAmt to do a 5.6km fun run in febuary, that one will probably hurt but hey nothing ventured nothing gained right
    I don't think thats asking to much I know I can do it I just have to work for it
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    oh god it's so nice to see people here that have lost weight and need to lose a good amount, ideally mine is 40, but hell, I'ld be happy to be 100kg, add me if you'd like, I made some friend with lovely people here.
    I'm suppprotive, sometimes I won't log in for a day, but that's because I caved.

I am doing Lite n' Easy five days per week, and two days on my own.

Sent through friend requests to me and others, I've already made a few and love reading their diaries.
  • sporadica
    sporadica Posts: 133
    Options
    Hey everyone. I started out a couple of years ago on grand transformation mission (not on MFP til now, though it'd would've made it a helluva lot easier!) and have lost 35kg to date. Another 10kg to go though, which is proving the hardest. Feel free to add me!
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello to you all, My journey started about 10 years ago.......little by little I have chipped away and lost around 60kg.......I'm not sure exactly what I weighed at my heaviest. I found I would lose then plateau for a while, often a long while. But I got serious a couple of years ago and am nearing my ideal weight zone. I have 3 kg to go to reach my most recently nominated goal but this will then be up for reassessment. I am 5'3" and weighed in a couple of days ago at 63.1 kg. My trouble is the excess skin and need to tone, tone, tone! I am not young and my skin has lost a lot of elasticity but I am finding a VERY noticeable change now. I have been a member of Curves for two months (I was never a gym type) and everything seems to be falling into place. I have tried many different diets and general exercise but I really only now am reaping the benefits of all that I have learned over the past 10 years. I watch what I eat, count calories and enjoy life. I am always eating but am still losing. Incredible. I would recommend a Curves style program to anyone, they have really done a great deal of study on what works for fitness, weight loss and maintenance. The most important thing to remember though I think is that today is only that, it's NOT tomorrow or forever. A little step today leads to many more......don't ever give up because you've had a 'bad' day. Just wake up tomorrow inspired and step out proudly. Love yourself and love life.

I wish I had taken the step to serious weight loss all those years ago instead of just plodding along. I have slowly achieved what you can all do too. Good luck and best wishes for now and forever!

Jen :happy:

13836398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've got about 30kg to go give or take a few, but my main priority aside from keeping these awesome wicked good new habits happening is smashing the **** out of the last 1.5kg of my mini goal of 95kg, then I'll be happy to coast ..... Reset my goals.... Think about how I'm going to make what I want a reality... Plan my attack.... And then smash the **** out of the next 5kgs.
    It's not all about the weight though, my arms are getting definition I want more... O want to be able to do at least one pull up, I want to pass my level one derby assessments and claimy derby name through two evils and I want to be able to jump a witches hat (you know the road side ones) & land it oh and I wAmt to do a 5.6km fun run in febuary, that one will probably hurt but hey nothing ventured nothing gained right
    I don't think thats asking to much I know I can do it I just have to work for it

Derby FTW! x
  • 3mmylou
    Options
    Hello All from Sydney,
    It is so good to see that I am not alone in the endevour, as some time it does feel like that I am. Very new to the site, so I am trying to find my way around it and make some friends along the way.

I have lost 20kg by myself over the course of last year, but I have come to the point where it doesn't matter what I do the extra 35kg I want to shed will not leave my body. I am hoping that my being on this website it will allow me to see where I have been going wrong, and pick up some tips as to what I can do (as at times I am a little bit clueless to all these things).

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Hi from Melbourne. I'm 40, a mum of 3 young kids and I have 60kg to lose in the bigger picture but would love to lose 40 this year. I came to the realisation yesterday that the weight loss fairy isn't going to visit (a bit like the bank balance fairy) and my 6 year old has noticed that his mum is fat. I've just started so I've got a way to go. Over the years I've done everything from weight watchers to Xenical and everything in between and nothing has worked long-term so I'm going it alone this time, so to speak, hoping to change habits forever.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Michelle
  • chirpskb
    chirpskb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ive got about 40 to lose..... Just joined and really excited!!
  • JourneyToTheOldMe
    JourneyToTheOldMe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jacinta, and i currently have 29kg to lose (did have 35kg to start)

I am lucky blessed enough to be a stay at home mum. My husband and i have a 2 year old daughter, and are expecting a little boy in early May :) We are currently living in Muswellbrook, NSW. We moved here from Hawks Nest, NSW for my husbands work.

I have struggled with my weight for 7 years now, and after fad diet after fad diet after failing failing failin, i am FINNALY getting serious :) I have to do this, not only for myself, but for my 2 beautiful children, and for my husband, who all deserve the best of me :)

I have been using My Fitness Pal PROPERLY for 4 weeks now lol But have used it half heartedly for a while before that.

Please feel free to add me!
  • melfunktion
    Options
    Hello ! 30yr old mum of 3 girls here with 35-40kgs to lose.. so far i'm down 13kgs since Nov / Dec (didn't have a starting date as such.. just started to be a bit more conscious about what i ate) !! but most importantly feel a lot better about myself (health / fitness wise) 22-27kgs to go !

I'm in North QLD~!
  • falcor76
    Options
    Hi, just joined yesterday and want to lose 30kg - I'm a former Kiwi living in Melbourne and would love to be part of a mutually supportive community!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I've almost lost my first 30kg (1.5kg to go!) but I still have around 40kg to lose. I've lost this amount since July 21st last year.

Am from Perth. Currently living near Kwinnana but will be moving closer to Malaga late next month.