Welcome! Check in here.

Options
1235»

Replies

• RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I joined MFP over a year ago, and totally forgot about it. I heard about it again on another Forum that I am a member of, and decided to join. Well, when I entered my e-mail address they told me that I already had an account. Imagine my surprise. So I requested my username and password, and started this journey over again. I have never exactly been a small person, well I guess so considering that I'm only 5'5" tall, but not weight wise. The smallest that I have ever been, as an adult, was 180, and that was before I got pregnant the first time, and for a couple of years after my second pregnancy. I guess the biggest thing that made me gain weight this time, was a desk job combined with continuing eating like I did when I was really active all of the time. I would be happy getting back down to the 180, but would actually like to get within my ideal range (111-150), not at the low end of it, but somewhere in the middle.

I have two horses, my little mare(or at least that's what I call her). She is a 13 y/o Paint mare, that is 16.3 hh and usually between 1,200-1,300 lbs, her name is Lady. Lady isn't broke because of some stuff that happened to her when she was younger, and because I have not been in shape enough to ride her out, if she decides to pull something. That is my biggest reason for wanting to get back into riding shape. Then I have Fancy, who actually is my little horse at around 15 hh and 1,000 to 1,100 lbs, she is 8 and a QH, but not papered. She is built like the old time roping horses, you know the brick **** house type horses. I like Fancy, don't get me wrong, but she is about as much fun to ride as a board fence, and shows about as much emotion as one. I call her my slow motion horse, because she does not get into a hurry about anything, even spooking. I've had her for a couple of years now, and she has just started to act like she wanted anything to do with me in the last year, and even now it ain't much. I'm not sure if it has something to do with being kicked in the head as a foal, or what. I can tell you the only place that she actually enjoys being scratched is in the scar/dent on her forehead.

I know that I am happiest when I am riding, and currently feel so bad about it that I really can't enjoy it. I know that as long as I keep my rides short, and allow the horse to gradually get used to carrying me, that either of my horses are able to carry my weight, plus my saddle and equipment. I am currently 234.6 lbs, and feel sorry for the Fancy when I ride her, not that she has ever had a problem with me doing it, I just feel sorry for her anyway. And I would like to ride more and worry less about how it is effecting my horses. Not to mention, I would like to be healthier, and fitter for myself, and my family.
  • danishknab
    danishknab Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am known as Nootka on COTH.

After the sale of Nootka and having 2 children I gained 70 lbs. I am now down 8.6 and really like this app and am super happy for the support.

I have purchased a knabstrupper colt and plan on showing (A/O Jumpers and Prelim eventing) and really getting back into my passion. I has been 5 years since I sold Nootka and a part of me was missing the whole time.

Let's get fit COTH :) !
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm ChanceyRose on CoTH but I mostly lurk. Searched for 'fitness' over there and discovered a thread about this group so here I am. :)

I'm currently ~172lbs. My first GW is 169 (no longer obese!) with an ultimate GW of 140 or less.

Riding-wise, I own a non-pinto Paint (19yo) who is mostly retired. He was a lesson horse for years before he was gifted to me by the barn because he was no longer working out in the program. My trainer has me conditioning a TB/Percheron cross and is trying to convince me to buy a Hanoverian cross who is schooling 3rd level dressage. It would be a logical choice for me as I've announced a lofty goal of earning my USDF gold. I'm only riding Training level ATM so... yeah... LOTS of work ahead of me. Only a couple lessons in on the Hanoverian and I'm realizing I really need to step up my gym time.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Cessi0900 on COTH and live in Colorado. My current weight is 156 and I want to get to 145. I think being more in shape really helps my riding and that is a big goal of mine. I don't own a horse but ride my sister in laws horse.
  • BuffyBourbon
    BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Snowdenfarm
    Snowdenfarm Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love reading these bios. We all have so much in common. Go horse girls!