X2 Core Day 1

Options
KarenBorter
KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
Let's get some feedback started on this first exercise of the program.
What were your thoughts? How did you feel about the warm up and cool down? What exercises were challenging and which weren't as challenging as you imagined?

Replies

• tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi first time posting but I loved the workout I thought the warm up was a little too long but I could definitely feel the burn in every move and some i need GREAT improvement on but excited to see myself get to that point! I was sooo nervous to start it but it really wasn't bad at all!

;-)

Favorite move by far was the "can't remember the name" but you're planking and move one leg to inside knee then the opposite knee.. LOVED THAT MOVE!
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    Finished this morning, I am not a fan of his new warm-up using the roller. I like the roller, just not as part of the warm-up.
    The hardest for me was the Plank Burpee on Stability Ball and the Ryan Sphinx Twist Crunch! OUCH!!! I really like the X Diver, although I followed Barbie and did the modified version (I have a torn rotator cuff).
    I still have not bought the medicine balls and will probably hold off on these for at least 3 weeks. Plenty of options to modify the moves.
    Loved the cool down with the stability ball. Especially the Angel at the end!!!
    I am sure I will be very sore tomorrow but I like that!!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Just finished my "official" run of the core workout ... I am going to have to say that I find the foam roller portion of the "warm up" tedious and it is really TOO SHORT to be effective. I think that I will be skipping over the portion in future workouts opting for the full foam roller workout in mobility and recovery (which I have done and they do a MUCH better job covering it).

The routines I am struggling with: One Leg Med Ball Burpee and the Plank Burpee on Stability Ball. The other day when I did this routine I didn't get ANY. Today I managed to get 2 of each. Progress! I also modified X2 Diver and did that on my knees and modified the 3 speed med ball push ups on my knees as well. I kept wanting to clap though LOL ...

All in all I think today was successful and I am looking forward to Plyocide tomorrow. Now to have my results and recovery formula and get on with the rest of my day ...

Oh, almost forgot to mention; Dreya Roll with the med ball. I did it, kinda. I held the med ball in 1 hand but will work on strengthening my core which is what will help me get up off the ground again ... it's a process.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    jUST FINISHED core day 1. The warmup I thought was a bit long and the roller doesn't seem to fit for a warmup. The workout itself was great. Doing one leg stuff with the stability ball was tough as well as the speed pushups with the med ball.
    looking forward to Plyo tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how close it is to the one on one.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Murf I have to agree on the foam roller portion and as I said before I am going to skip over that part next time. I feel that they really hit that well in the Recovery and Mobility DVD which we are supposed to do 2x during the week ... I am going to do it 1x and hike or do some other cardio for one of the days.

I too am looking forward to Plyo although a tad scared of it LOL ...

This week I have a dentist appointment and a deep cleaning on Thursday so I am going to switch out my "rest day" from Wednesday to Thursday and hit Total Body / arx2 on Wednesday.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been away all morning. Today is my last day of another four day weekend.

So, this morning to psych myself up to start X2 I put on an insanity shirt and my P90X jacket. We've been SERIOUSLY taking it easy since Thursday.

I agree that the beginning of the workout with the roller was just odd to me. I'm ready to do jumping jacks or something to warm up. My least fave exercise was the burpee on the stability ball. I really didn't want to see myself fly off into the couch with that thing. I'll be improvising with that. I thought the worm crawl was fun. I was doing that with a little smile on my face.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just finished Core.. I liked it, although my burn was low because I was paying more attention to getting the moves down. I never got a chance to watch it first, so I had to learn as I went along.

The roller part was kind of weird, we skipped through a bit of it. I could see it being more effective if you are particularly sore in certain areas and need to work them out.

I found that my stability and med balls needed more air, so I had to stop to fill them up, too! The one legged burpee on the med ball were hardest for me. I was surprised I was able to do the med ball dreya rolls without any problems.

Overall I liked it, I think the next time will go better though! Looking forward to plyo tomorrow morning!
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Looks like we all agree that the warmup is odd, not really even an actual warmup it didn't seem. I felt like today was more of a "practice run" since it seemed like i was concentrating more on learning the moves than trying to keep up with my #'s. I was already short on time so wasn't able to keep pausing and rewinding once i got a move down. Felt like a spaz on some of it but it'll get better!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Bumping up ... Let's continue to post our progress in these threads :) rather then starting new ones!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great idea Karen!

This week I saw much improvement and I was actually able to complete reps of every move... that is a plus for me! Much like some of the other ladies on here I have difficulty with the half angels... should really refer to the devil as far as I am concerned but I enjoyed trying and I did do about 7 per side. I think that by next week I should see another improvement and I look forward to the next attempt.

My calorie burn was better today too - 421 calories so that made me happy. Overall I was pleased with the workout and I will take those 400+ calories and enjoy every morsel!

Make it a great day!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Okay I didn't stumble as much as I did the first time. I even got some burpees tonight. I did skip the foam roller portion and most everything after that but I think next week I am going to work it back in. I know it's not a lot but I guess it's there for a reason so I better do it. 44 minutes on the workout without it.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Core went much better yesterday than the week before! I felt better doing the moves, I was even able to do the med ball plyo push ups, think that is what it is called. I didn’t even attempt them last week but I tried and found I was able to do them! I have a hard time with the stability ball burpees, I think it is. I fall right into the ball rather than doing a push up on it! Lol Will have to work on that!
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    Since I am off a day, I skipped Mobility and Recovery and knocked ut Core. I am so loving this workout! I felt much better this week. I was able to do all the moves (some fewer reps). I felt like I was in better control of the moves this time around as well.

That last move, one leg burpee, is such a killer!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Core went much better yesterday than the week before! I felt better doing the moves, I was even able to do the med ball plyo push ups, think that is what it is called. I didn’t even attempt them last week but I tried and found I was able to do them! I have a hard time with the stability ball burpees, I think it is. I fall right into the ball rather than doing a push up on it! Lol Will have to work on that!

haha that's what happens with me, but found that putting my hands on the side of the ball makes it a tad more stable. Upper body strength is my weakness LOL
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Mine too! I am much stronger in my legs than my upper body! It kills me that I still cannot do an unassisted pull up!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

haha that's what happens with me, but found that putting my hands on the side of the ball makes it a tad more stable. Upper body strength is my weakness LOL

On one move I placed the medicine ball wedged against the front of the stability ball in order to help stabilize it. It was just the cheat that I needed.
  • KarenBorter
    Options

On one move I placed the medicine ball wedged against the front of the stability ball in order to help stabilize it. It was just the cheat that I needed.

OOOOOO maybe I will sandwich the med balls front and rear of the stability ball! Will have to try that. I think there's some crazy moves in X2 Total Body tonight.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Still seeing improvement with every attempt at this workout... loving that! I ran on the treadmill last night and I can not believe how much my endurance has improved already! So pleased with the program and I was a doubter at first too... loving it these days!

HOpe you all have a great workout today... I burned 423 calories this morning at 5am... before a lot of people open their eyes ;)

KPP and Bring it!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Getting much better at X2 Core increased reps in most of the workouts tonight and just jammin' along. I still can't do the 1 leg med ball burpees and the same on Stability ball is only slightly better. I did get better on the rest of the workout and feel stronger and have a good feel that my balance and core strength is getting better. I am seeing the results in my obliques for sure. Next week I am going to get at least ONE med ball burpee without modifying (read "doing the burpees on 2 legs).

Plyocide tomorrow right on track and feeling really great about phase 1. I can't believe we are already completing week 3.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It keeps getting easier!!! Its amazing to think we're in week 3 already!!!! Where did the time go?? Anyway... I found myself doing more and more today that I couldn't do in the beginning!!! That is VERY encouraging!!! :bigsmile: