Welcome!

Options
auryn2278
auryn2278 Posts: 22 Member
I am new at this myself! I have tried the Phase 1 before and lost 5.6lbs.... but then came the Holidays and back on it went :(
So here I am starting over....

Introduce yourself and let us know where you are at!!!!

Replies

• auryn2278
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Basically the diet consists of eating "clean", natural foods that nature provides us. NO added sugar, NO preservatives/chemical additives. There are 3 Phases, each adding a few more foods back into your diet.

The first phase is the most restrictive. It lasts for 5 days. You can eat unlimited veggies (except potato and mushrooms), unlimited lean meats, fishes,and natural live yogurt. also you may have 50grams of brown rice, oats, or Quinoa.
    The second phase lasts until you reach your goal/ natural weight. This is where you add back milk, cheese, some complex carbs, etc. The main rule in this Phase is keep your carbs and fats separate.
    Phase 3 explains how you can have "cheat" foods at the right times.
    The book is great and explains it all! It is really quite simple when you think about it. The book is available from her website, I also got in from Barnes and Noble for the Nook. There is also a recipe book

Here is her website: http://www.theharcombediet.com/
    Also she has loads of info on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoeHarcombe

Hopefully this helped you a bit!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just read about the harcombe diet last week and was intrigued, it goes against everything I've ever read about dieting but as my previous attempts have failed it's worth a go at something radical. It makes sense and I'm pleased that a diet acknowledges hypoglycaemia as I've struggled with low blood sugar for years now.
    I've downloaded the 10 day diet plan and am starting tomorrow.
    I'm hoping that this can change my yo yo diet lifestyle for good, I'd love to hear some tips on how to do this diet on a budget!
  • auryn2278
    Options
    So glad to hear you are starting the plan! I agree that it goes against most conventional weight loss theories!! it was hard for me to stop counting calories and just go with it... but it is working so far!!

I know what you mean about startng on a budget!! I get the generic cans and frozen veggies and rices where I can find them, buying the fruits that are in season keeps the cost down, as well as buying from a local farmer's market. There you tend to get more for your money. It is still more $ than the processed garbage, but when you stop buying that junk , and put the savings towards the cost of your veggies... it almost evens out! :)

Good luck to you on your venture!!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It was day 1 today, i thought that it would be hard to only have 1 carb meal in the day but it wasn;t too bad. I feel tired but I haven't given in to any cravings so feel pretty good. I'm a little hungry but not to the point of raiding the kids biscuit barrel.

I'm going to plan my next 4 days meals, lunch and breakfast is ok as I eat at work but its the family meal that gets to me, working out what I can eat and what they will eat too. I can't stick to the 10 fixed meal plan for that purpose and am going it alone but sticking to the rules. So far so good.

I hope to lose at least 2 lbs by the weekend, but looking at my track record it might not be easy!

good luck to you
  • Amanda372
    Amanda372 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started this diet last Wednesday so am currently on Phase 2 day 2. I lost 4lbs on Phase 1 - yay!

I'm struggling with breakfasts as I'm getting bored of eggs! I also find it hard at lunchtimes now I can't just nip to shops and get a sandwich or something like that - I'm surprised at how much packaged meat has sugar included! So I need to get organised for breakfasts and lunches and then I think I will be ok.

My sister is also doing this diet - she's 3 weeks in though.
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Very surprised to see only 10 members of this group!
    I've been sort of following Zoe's plan for a while - ie, not mixing carbs and protein, cutting wheat and potatoes out, but very little seems to be happening.
    So... I'm starting the proper 5-day diet today, to be honest, I'm not sure what else to do different, except cutting out milk in tea & coffee. And not having the oats WITH the yoghurt.
    - I will report back!