Introductions!!!! Let's get started!!!!!!!!!

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
Let's start our challenge by some introductions! My name is Pam and I would like to share this experince with you all! We will be following the Biggest Loser weigh in outlines. After all weigh-ins are posted on Tuesdays (Like the show), I will then calculate the percentages and post the top 3 percentages on Thursday. This Challenge offically starts on January 3, 2012 and will last 12 weeks. I will accept weigh-ins until Wednesday night in order to have time to calculate the winners!!!!

Let's use this format for the introductions:

Name:

About yourself:

Starting Weight:

12 Week Goal Weight:

I hope to get a good group of supporters.....we can do this together!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Name: Pam

About yourself: I am a 35 year old stay at home mom of 2 wonderful kids. I have been struggling with my weight pratically all my life. I have lost it gained it lost it and gained it again. I am lookg to make a change in 2012! I want to change my lifestyle.....so this will be the last time I have to deal with the excess weight! I want to eat healthy so I can teach my kids to do the same and I want to excersice regularly and get fit!

Starting Weight: 182.6 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: 150 lbs

5782840.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle

About yourself: I am a 30 year old teacher from Wales. I too have struggled with my weight most of my life and have lost and gained the same 60lbs 3 times. I have now made the decision to finish it and see what it feels like to maintain. I started my journey at 244lbs, 18 months ago. I managed to get to 171 last Christmas then I went back up to 193. I joined MFP in July and have got it back to 171 (it was 167 before Christmas). I want to be slim and healthy so I can start a family. I never want my child to go through the bullying, sadness and frustration that comes with being overweight.

Starting weight: 171 lbs

12 week goal weight: 154 lbs
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Shawndra and I am a mommy to 4 kids ages 12, 8, 3 and 2. I work from home as a cake artist, meaning I always have leftover cake laying around that I love to eat. Not good LOL

Starting weight 165.0
    12 week goal 145.0
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome the the group Michele! WOW!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!! YOu are a true inspiration!!! I hope that we can do this journey together and then put this all behind us! Feel free to give us any of your tips! I feel postive that this will be a great joint support system for us!!!! We can do this! And Happy 2012!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!! I have a feeling you are gonna be a tough one to beat!!! LOL!!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome Shawndra! I feel your pain with the left over cake!!!! I have a SUPER sweet tooth so that would so hard for me!!! But we can do this!!!!!!! Please feel free to post any ideas or challenges you would like to see on this group! I look forward to doing this challenge with you!!!!!!! Good luck and Happy 2012!!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I forgot to mention......PLEASE add me as friend so we can encourage each other!!!!!!!! :)
  • JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Name: Jennifer

About yourself: I'm 24, a stay at home, homeschooling mama of 2. My family has a history of weight problems and I just don't want to continue the trend... time to put an end to it.

Starting Weight: 221.5

12 Week Goal Weight: 200 would be nice

Ultimate goal weight is 150
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Name: Taylor

About yourself: I have acquired a habit of eating when bored within the past few months and I gained about 15 pounds from it. I recently started going to school for Massage Therapy at Everest University, I love it! I just cant be over weight AND a massage therapist at the same time.

Starting Weight: 155 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • samantha64118
    Options
    Name: Samantha

About yourself: I'm 21 years old, I've been overweight/obese for most of my life. I've always wanted to be smaller but never really put forth the effort to get there. I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks, and I hate that I'm not the size I want to be for my wedding. I'm making a lifestyle change and getting healthier. For myself, so that I can shop in places other than plus size stores; for my future husband, so I can be sexy and confident for him; and for my future baby so that I will be healthy for him or her during pregnancy & be able to chase them around, give them the mommy they deserve.

Starting Weight: 273 lbs

12 Week Goal Weight: 253 lbs
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome to the group Jennifer! I am in the same boat as you with the family history! It makes it that much harder to get the weight off and keep it off. But I believe that with constant guidance and control we can overcome it!!! I hope we can do this journey together and help each other along the way! Good Luck and Happy 2012!!!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome Taylor! Boredom is one of the most common reasons for eating!!!! I hope this support system will help us to get over the boredom and get into the right track!!!! Looking forward to doing this challenge with you! Good Luck and Happy 2012!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome Samantha!!!!!! And congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!! That is soooo exciting and what a great way to start your NEW life!!!!! I am sure we will be able to support each other to reach our goals! Good Luck and Happy 2012!!!!!!!!!
  • Mattyfit2014
    Mattyfit2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    name matt

Hello i a 33 year old marine engineer from england constantly struggling with my weight, i use the gym 3 to 4 times a week so i think its my diet which is the problem. But this year i determined to do it!

starting weight 211ibs

12 week goal 180ibs
  • SuccessAllTheWeigh
    Options
    Hi My name is Brooke and I will be 21 this month! After graduating high school in 2009, I slowly let my weight creep up! When I graduated I was about 150 which was overweight for me then because I am only 5'1. Over the past 2 and a half years I have gained 45 pounds and now weigh 195 :( I refuse to let that number get any higher so I really want to get down to a healthy weight. My goal for this challenge is to lose about 15 pounds in 12 weeks.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome to the group Matt! I also TRY to go to the gym 3-4 times a week......but have been unable to lose weight. I know for sure that it is the food! So I am determined to get it right his year!!! We need to focus on the excersice, eating healthy, and getting in the right mind set all together! I look forward to doing this challenge with you!!! Good Luck and Happy 2012!!!!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Welcome Brooke!!!!!! So you are going to be 21 soon!!!!!!!!!! I remember how exciting that was!!!!!! I think it is a great thing that you want to make changes for this new chapter in your life!!!! I look forward to doing this challenge with you!!!!!!! Good luck and Happy 2012!!!!!!!!
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group.

My name is Alison and my 2012 starting weight is 180 1bs. My goal is 140 by August 26th. Totally do-able!!
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    name matt

Hello i a 33 year old marine engineer from england constantly struggling with my weight, i use the gym 3 to 4 times a week so i think its my diet which is the problem. But this year i determined to do it!

starting weight 211ibs

12 week goal 180ibs

I am exactly the same. I do 1-2 hours exercise every day and am struggling to drop the weight. I know I will be replacing fat with muscle but it's still a little disheartening (especially as I am a slave to the scales). I'm going to try to sort out my diet so hopefully that will help!
  • ShawnaBawna
    Options
    Name: Shawna

About yourself: I'm 24 and started my weight loss journey weighing 228. I reached the 180s (this past summer) before starting a new job and graduate school. I let the change in my schedule become an excuse for reverting to old eating habits and am now back at 203. Looking forward to leaving the excuses in 2011 and becoming a healthier me in 2012 :)

Starting Weight: 203

12 Week Goal Weight: 180

8289200.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Allison...Thank you for joining this group!!!! I am happy to have a great group of people to join me in this challenge!!!!!!! We can do this together! And I must say.... I love love love your positive attitude..." totally do-able"!! Let's get this done!!!!!!!! Good Luck and Happy 2012!