Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Anyone else eating fairly strict paleo/primal but

Options
momof8munchkins
momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
still not losing weight or stuck in a long plateau?

Replies

• mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Me :( Although I did lose 3 inches in 2 months training for half marathon and doing the 30 day shred on alternate days. Super frustrated I cannot get rid of my belly fat. I feel like I notice it more now that I've lost a little bit of weight because the rest of me has slimmed down quite a bit and I'm not as "curvy"! Grrr! I did lower my carbs to between 50-100 last week so we'll see how this week's weigh-in turns out.
  • Bernadette_
    Options
    Me!

I've been eating strict paleo for over a year and I still find that if I don't really watch my quantities I won't lose fat. That's why I signed up here... back to weighing and measuring for me!
  • mmambs
    mmambs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    definitely in that boat too. I realized it a few months ago and haven't been motivated enough to really get strict and hadn't found a calorie tracking site I really liked until a friend mentioned MFP to me last week. So, here I am, tracking again.
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Me :( Although I did lose 3 inches in 2 months training for half marathon and doing the 30 day shred on alternate days. Super frustrated I cannot get rid of my belly fat. I feel like I notice it more now that I've lost a little bit of weight because the rest of me has slimmed down quite a bit and I'm not as "curvy"! Grrr! I did lower my carbs to between 50-100 last week so we'll see how this week's weigh-in turns out.

Update: It worked! Lowering my carbs to 100 max and keeping calories at 500 deficit, lost a pound this week! Although it was the pound I GAINED the week before by following some other posters' stupid advice about eating the calories I saved through the week on the weekend to result in a weekly deficit. Also, I am much more satisfied with less hunger cravings after lowering my carbs.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Update: It worked! Lowering my carbs to 100 max and keeping calories at 500 deficit, lost a pound this week! Although it was the pound I GAINED the week before by following some other posters' stupid advice about eating the calories I saved through the week on the weekend to result in a weekly deficit. Also, I am much more satisfied with less hunger cravings after lowering my carbs.
    Good show - you found your sweet spot. Always listen to your body.