Clean Eating New Years resolutions

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
Hey all!

Did any of you make any new years resolution? If so, did they relate to your diet/clean eating? Here are mine and I would love if any of you wanted to join me in these.

#1 no fast food: fast food being anything that commonly has a drive through (I don't eat much of it but I'd like to cut it out entirely)

#2 No meat in the house that isn't pastured (this is going to be tough because of the hubby but we'll see how I do)

#3 is not so much of a resolution but this week I am working on cutting back sugar and white flour from my diet and next week i am going to do no sugar/white flour at all. At the end of the two weeks I'll re access how I feel and see if there's anything else that needs to go (probably caffein)

So what about you guys? Any new resolutions

Oh and my other one is "no-meat mondays" all year

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    #1 Emily, I'm totally joining you with the " no meat Mondays"

#2 Eat red meat only once or twice a week at most

#3 Less cheese

#4 No alcohol Sunday to Friday

#5 Fast food only in emergency situations

#6 More veggies and more fruit

#7 And to start eating breakfast

:) Going to be a struggle but I am going to try really hard!!!
  • Renkow
    Renkow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can do this.

Monday-Thursdays no pasta, no red meat, no wine or beer, and no bread with meals unless I am eating a sandwich or it is under my poached eggs at breakfast.

Weekends are a different story but only if I walk a minimum of 4 miles each day that I eat more.
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    * Make better choices when dining at restaurants
    * Cook more clean recipes
    * More water, less alcohol- cut it out almost entirely
    * Complete the transition from greek yogurt with fruit to plain greek yogurt (flavoring myself to reduce sugar intake)
    * Incorporate new vegetables and grains into my routine.
    * Figure out some clean, healthy desserts

;-)
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    * Make better choices when dining at restaurants
    * Cook more clean recipes
    * More water, less alcohol- cut it out almost entirely
    * Complete the transition from greek yogurt with fruit to plain greek yogurt (flavoring myself to reduce sugar intake)
    * Incorporate new vegetables and grains into my routine.
    * Figure out some clean, healthy desserts

;-)

need a new grain? Try millet, it's my newest addiction. It's similar to couscous and you can even make a hot breakfast cereal out of it....and i'm trying the same with the greek yogurt
  • JizWiz
    JizWiz Posts: 57
    Options
    My Resolution is to try to make eating healthy fun buy trying new recipes and setting goals-Meatless Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays (Only drink water on that day). Also, I want to make the transition from White-Brown (Flour, Rices, Pasta, etc) Less Sugar, No fast food eating, and minimizing daily card intake. Maybe once a day
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I didn't officially make any resolutions, but I suppose it'd be good.

I already don't eat fast food and rarely eat red meat (maybe once a week max). I'd like to buy exclusively organic, free-range chicken. I also want to eat out less often. Twice a week should be sufficient.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I just try one or two things a year and see how I fair...I would like to eliminate Splenda from diet tottally. I usually use Stevia but the one I like is pure and pricey so I can't always afford then I go to splenda but I want to stop with splenda all together.
    Try to eat more 'real' fish.
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the millet suggestion. I will have to try that one. I am also wanting to try chia seeds...
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really made any specific ones but let's see:

1) try more new recipes
    2) eat out less often
    3) buy more organic
    4) eat a fruit with every meal
    5) pay attention to portion sizes

Even though I'm already a vegetarian, drink just water, and eat whole grain products, these other things are areas for improvement! Best of luck to everyone with their resolutions!!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a no added sugar challenge for the month of January and no alcohol till at least July. I will continue to steer clear of white sugar/white flour and processed food.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    My Resolution is to try to make eating healthy fun buy trying new recipes and setting goals-Meatless Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays (Only drink water on that day). Also, I want to make the transition from White-Brown (Flour, Rices, Pasta, etc) Less Sugar, No fast food eating, and minimizing daily card intake. Maybe once a day

hahaha I used to do thirsty thursday's...but that meant that every thursday I went out and got trashed not drank water