New to MFP!

Hello everyone! :) I am a SENIOR RN student.. start my last semester tomorrow!!! I am 21 years old, 5'6, and about 160 lbs.. I have gained quite a few pounds sitting in class for the past three years drinking cokes & eating chips & candy to stay awake.. & all those late nights of studying, eating beef jerky & drinking red bull!! I sure you guys remember those days :) I am joining the gym tomorrow with two girls from class & have been keeping track of calories & eating healthy thanks to MFP!! My goal is to be 135 & toned before I graduate in June!! I would love friends who would motivate me & in return motivate you!! Add me Abox21!

Replies

• I will add you :happy: I'm also new to MFP and I am starting nursing school next tuesday. I've been a CNA for four years and can't wait to get my nursing degree. I'm about 180 and would like to be 140 before I graduate! I'm determined to not only do well in nursing school, but take better care of myself while I'm in school!
  • Cathy_ann913
    Cathy_ann913 Posts: 59 Member
    I was talking about nursing school with my co-workers today and we all gained weight while in school. It's those "study" sessions that kill you. Everyone brought all kinds of goodies to those study groups, and I think we talked more about our personal lives than nursing. Study groups were no good for me. Before my last semester I was forced to go out and buy a bigger nursing uniform, now that was pathetic! I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss goals. Nursing is a great field, I hope you make the most of it!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    HI! Welcome to MFP and congratulations on almost being done!!
  • cdmeyer
    cdmeyer Posts: 27 Member
    Welcome. As someone else mentioned it's tough when you have to buy bigger scrubs. That's what it took for me to decide to change. Good luck with everything.