2012 Weigh In Thread

Options

Replies

• diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss Caitlin cant always be a big one ....

And Brooke I am thinking about adjusting my ultimate goal too .... will see when I hit the initial one.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't know how your doing it Diver!

Younger, Not drinking, Cut sugar, Actually work out all day???? I am jealous you are doing very very well, I'm absolutely amazed at your dedication and losses to date. Well done!
  • Alkirra
    Options
    Hello Caitlin, sorry I don't check the common boards very often welcome to the commitment institution! :)

You've done well I know women are different to men but it simply is frustrating when we go up and they continually go down!! Your ok Diver I really am over it :)

Good job everyone that still logs their stats, Male or Female lol
  • diver71_au
    Options
    Hi Alkirra

Sorry I am frustrating you ..... nah ...not really :P

I am male early 40s , working a desk job 9-5 (sometimes 9-7 or 8). I previously used to drink a lot of soft drinks (lemonade, fanta and coke were my main vices) eat a bar of chocolate a day as well as too much KFC.

I still don't always make the most healthy choices but also now I don't drink soft drinks ...KFC has noticed a drop in profits (i have had 2 burgers this year) and my chocolate intake has dropped to ALMOST zero. I do still like a beer (usually have a couple of pints with friends Wednesdays and Saturdays) and I love my subway cookies. But when I indulge I hammer myself at the gym or a hard fast walk to allow the calories to do it. My diary is open to anyone who wants to see.
  • Alkirra
    Options
    Well thanks for telling me all about you, I've just been amazed at how fast the fat is falling off you but it seems you've explained it really well, That KFC and soft drinks will do it too ya every time!

PS my weight gain was all about lack of exercise, drinking too much alcohol and having an addiction to Smiths Crisps for about 10 years and now it's just menopause! crap it's woeful being a woman sometimes.. :)
  • diver71_au
    Options
    My weekly weigh-in

Weekly loss 1.5kg (1.67%)
    Annual loss to date 17.8kg (16.667%)

To goal - 4.0kg bigsmile

This week has had two particularly bad days - 1 where I had planned a big night out that failed to eventuate leaving me 600 calories in deficit and St Patrick's with its associated Guinness and eating out
  • msminkee
    msminkee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Diver you are going great guns. Like the new profile pic too. I haven't found one of me I like so haven't posted one yet!

I've been logging in to the sheet but not posting on the board - generally going well with a steady loss averaging about 1 kg per week at the moment so I'm very happy with that. :smile: I'm now at my 3 month point where I sometimes fall in a bit of a heap and go back to old habits so am making a concerted effort to stay on track at the moment - I still have a long way to go. :ohwell:
  • diver71_au
    Options
    Another week gone by - this one frustrated me with the scales failing to move at all (almost two weeks without movement) and then today suddenly BAM it dropped.

My weekly weigh-in

Weekly loss .08kg (.899%)
    Annual loss to date 18.6kg (17.4%)

To goal - 3.2kg bigsmile
  • Alkirra
    Options
    That's awesome! I also had a stuck broken scale, terribly frustrating and then bang away we go and it moved.

I've lost 25 kilo since November 2011 :)))) I've still got about 12 - 14 to go
  • diver71_au
    Options
    25kg is a big loss ...well done.
  • Neets86
    Neets86 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey guys, i see this you all have been at it for a while now but i think its a great idea... i thought id join in too, great motivation :)
  • diver71_au
    Options
    Jump on in Neets .....its been a bit quiet around here lately
  • Neets86
    Neets86 Posts: 37
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Weekly loss .7kg (.80%)
    Total Loss 2.2kg (2.49%)
  • msminkee
    Options
    Well done Neets.
    Loss for me this week is 0.4 after a slight increase in the middle of the week - net result is all I worry about though and that was a loss (phew!) double figures again at last :smile:
    Total lost 12.6kg in 13 weeks and I'm very happy with that as I wanted to do this slowly and sustainably (for a change)
  • diver71_au
    Options
    Awesome losses Neets and Msminkee

This week the weight fell off - no real change to routine or diet but my body decided to shed.

My weekly weigh-in

Weekly loss .1.9 kg (2.154%)
    Annual loss to date 20.5 kg (19.2%)

To goal - 1.3 kg :noway:
  • Alkirra
    Options
    Wow well done all of you! My scale is broken the needle just went up! Nothing changed other than I exercised more so I didn't log my weight gain this week. I'll wait a little longer and see if I can shock my bod into letting it go again.

Good on your Diver You Are Nearly There!!!!! Woohoo :drinker:
  • fourbees
    fourbees Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated in a while as I fell off the MFP tracking wagon! ( had a few trips across the Tasman for family things) but managed to keep weighing and my months of tracking must have helped as I still lost weight in that time!

Good to see lots of other good losses happening here :)
  • msminkee
    Options
    Welcome back Fourbees :flowerforyou: and congratulations for staying on track without the logging. I have found this time that I need the logging and weekly weigh in challenge (even if not daily diary) to keep me focussed and on track. Otherwise I get complacent.
    Very happy this week with an 800gm loss as I have exceeded the goals I set myself of 500gms per week. :smile:
  • diver71_au
    Options
    Another week done in - this will most likely be my last check in for a month or so as I am going to have limited internet access in Vietnam and probably even less access to reliable scales.

This week the weight dropped a little then stuck.

My weekly weigh-in

Weekly loss 0.7 kg (0.811%)
    Annual loss to date 21.2 kg (19.85%)

To goal - 0.6kg
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I have only just found the Aussie Groups and this topic.
    I have added myself and it is good to see how other are losing weight as well, I never know if I am going too slow.
    Anyway the summary is
    SW 146.9 - 9 Jan 2012
    CW: 132.7 - 7 Apr 2012

14.2kg loss = 9.67%.
    So far I am satisfied at my rate, but always frustrated it does just disappear with the magical flipping movie calendar ;-)
    It has taken almost 45 years to put it on, now I just want it all gone tomorrow.
    Mini Goals
    130kg = SPD pedals and shoes for my bike
    120kg = Start playing rugby again (I might not wait tho)
    1st July - Tough Bloke NSW