X2 Plyocide Day 2

Options
ecp2698
ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
Did plyocide this morning, curious to hear what others think about it. I honestly think that it was easier than plyometrics. I liked the moves, though, they were different and most were challenging. Some felt easier, though. I just felt like it was all over by the time I was really sweating and into it. My burn was lower, too. I am going to trust Tony knows what he is doing, and keep at it for sure!

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Plyocide done this AM!
    It's not as long as Plyometrics but it still whipped my butt at times. Same warmup as day one. The foam roller isn't doing it for me in the warmup but I'll keep doing it! I liked the overall workout, it moved right along. In Plyo it was 4 and repeat. This program is 4 and move onto the next four. The cooldown was different too. It was ok. With the long warmup and long cooldown, the workout was only 40 min or so. (i'm guessing)
  • ecp2698
    Options
    I agree, I love that it is not repeating the same sequence.. and there were moves that my HR was definitely high up there! The roller part is weird.. I had some pain in my lower back and I think it helped with that, but otherwise if you don't have any particular areas that "need" rolling, I can't see the point of it.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The foam roller section of the workouts are too short to be effective. Recovery and Mobility they really do go into it. Foam rolling really does help with tight spots. My former personal trainer started me on foam rolling 2 years ago and I almost killed him. I know I have spots in my IT Band and my calves that need rolling out. I feel them even with the limited foam rolling I have done.

That said; I don't think it's appropriate for the "warm ups" in this program. Tony excpects us to pause the DVD at that point and work it out for a while longer. That makes no sense to me. I do trust him and the judgement of the "experts" who put this program together but I think that one of the MAJOR complaints of P90X was that the workouts were too long. I mean at one point during X2 Core Tony says "let's try to keep this under 1 hour" so I think that was the thing for P90X2 ... keep it shorter. But to throw in a workout and say "at this point I would pause me and keep going because 2 minutes really isn't enough time" is kinda odd.

Plyocide for me later today too ... I will report back in around 7 or so.
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm knocking out Plyo this afternoon as well. I watched the video some last night and I was surprised he was doing the foam roller again during warmups. I will rpobably skip over that as well. I like that it is a shorter workout. Will see how it goes.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Plyocide was cool. I think I jacked up both of my knees this morning though. I've been doing plyo for the last month or so in yoga socks. My feet get numb. It's been fine on my knees doing Insanity and Asylum, but this morning my knees weren't happy at all. I'll try plyocide next week in my shoes.

I'm with you guys about the foam roller stuff. I'm hoping that it will have a good affect on my shin splints. I've really focused on my calves during that time. i am mentally working myself up to getting back on the treadmill again to work on my running.
  • nab4life
    Options
    I thought Plyocided was overall about the same as plyometrics, some of the moves were easier, some the same and some harder. I think the foam rolling part can be useful if you have spots that are tight/sore to work them out. I brought it and burned 501 cals in 58 minutes. In Tony I trust!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W19wdsVCTCo

Funny video but goes thru the entire routine.

Also this dude brings up an EXCELLENT OPTION to Plyo Boxes ... a rubbermaid step stool. Guess where I am stopping on my way home?
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    OMG!!! Finished Plyocide...alive.... I AM NOT a fan of jump training (despise Plyometrics) ... with that being said, I really liked this workout. Once again, the foam roller was not needed, so I skipped it. I thought it was great that the first exercise in every set was non jumping. And my favorite was the flying scissor kicks at the end. Least favorite was the last one, set, Sprint, plyo, jump. I was just too beat.

Burned almost 500 calories!!!

Tomorrow I plan on running for my workout. No set time or distance, I'm just going to run.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I just flashed back to November 4th 2010 and the first time I did Plyometrics. I was a mess. Had to keep stopping cuz I felt like I was going to pass out, didn't do all the moves cuz I wasn't familiar with them etc etc ... yeah, well that was me tonight. Not a huge calorie burn because I kept stopping (and my boss called me with a TV issue) so I am going to move forward and do better next week.

The moves themselves ... much different routine then plyometrics v. 1 ... This felt more like a core exercise to me as there were many balance moves. That's fine I can use help in that area ... I agree that the last one was my least favorite

I actually had to skip back to the beginning of an exercise a couple of times to re do it once I figured out the form.

I have no doubt that I will get better at this and it wasn't as hard on my knees as I thought it would be.

I didn't have a box to jump on as my rite aid AND ralphs didn't carry a stepper but will order one from amazon and have it this week.

Tomorrow I can't take a "day off" and will do total body and x2 ab ripper. I have a dentist appointment on thursday so for this week only I am trading out days. I will make a thread and you guys make a thread for recovery and mobility if you do it and I REALLY suggest you do it it's a great routine (I've done it once already). Will really give you a good foam roller over view and workout.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I skipped the foam roller section today and will only utilize it on the recovery days from now on!!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I skipped the foam roller section today and will only utilize it on the recovery days from now on!!!!

word ... same here.
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Has anyone said they don't like the warmups/foam rolling at the beginning??? Lol! This was my second time doing this one, did it last week for a "test run" & my feelings are still up in the air on it.....Plyo X really seems like a better workout to me, it just "flows" better i think, and my legs don't get the burn quite like i did with Plyo X, but that being said, my heart rate really gets up there on some of these moves and my calorie burn was about the same as with Plyo X, idk, maybe it's just still new and i'll like it better after a few more rounds of it....actually did this yesterday with everyone else, just forgot to post here!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I think that new is change and we, as humans, are resistant to change at a base level. The X2 Core I felt like nothing was happening but with Plyocide it was just different.

We have to remember that this workout routine is based on different body science then P90X OG so it's going to feel different at first. I am going to do Phase 1 for 4 weeks minimum unless I feel that I have gotten stagnant then I will move on to Phase 2 after a 1 week break doing the Yoga and Recovery and Mobility

The warm ups are ... meh in my opinion so far and the foam roller portion is just a waste of time unless you pause the DVD's and take an additional 20 minutes to do them.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I like the extra foam rolling and warm up. It's like ying and yang to me balances my body with calm to go with the intense. I'd never skip this part. If you read any of Tony Hortons info on P90X2. He talks about taking your body backwards to move forward. It's a critical lesson I've learned in marathon training. You have to treat your body with care as well as push it.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    MLB it's not that I don't "like" foam rolling per se, it's that I don't like it in the warm ups. I will have my remote handy during the Recovery and Mobility workout to pause and do extra work on the "trouble" spots ... and will likely foam roll as I am lounging around watching TV.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    So we are going to continue to post on the same threads started, correct?

Plyocide, week 2.. I did so much better than last week, it is amazing how just being more familiar with the moves makes such a difference. I was able to up the intensity, which I love! Definitely feeling better today!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I had a much better session today too... I was able to keep up really well and felt great at the end! I was a sweaty mess :)

I have to say that I am a little disappointed that I am not more sore today... I expected after I BROUGHT IT yesterday during the core workout that I would have been sore today ... but I am not! How is everyone feeling?

Make it a great day!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We had a good session. I didn't put in my calories burned yet, because I plan to run a little at lunch. We ran at a park on Sunday and I was really out of it. Man, it doesn't take long to lose a little strength or a little cardio endurance.

I still get shin splints in my left leg, I must be seriously lopsided. I don't know if the rolling is helping, but I'll keep doing it.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Yeah E, we are staying posting in the same threads rather then making new ones each week.

I am looking forward to Plyocide tonight and hopefully have planned my daytime eating better then I did last week. My results and recovery formula came in last night so I am good to go!
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Honestly, I have been the most sore the day after doing Yoga X2! I am definitely not as sore as I am when I started P90X, but I have found that I have mild soreness in unusual areas. I have a feeling my legs will be sore tomorrow from what I did during Plyo this morning!