How many carbs/day?

Options
I am so psyched I found this group! I have done low carb - Atkins - in the past - many years ago and recently lost a few pounds on Lindora (60-80 carbs per day.) I am excited to eat some real food and still lose weight. I think low carb is definitely the way for my body to lose weight. I am just wondering how many carbs most of you shoot for each day. Any help or other advice appreciated since this will be my official first day of doing keto diet (off Lindora.) I have had 10 carbs already today.

Replies

• Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I aim for under 30, though some days that doesn't' happen.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    my 5% ratio gives me 18 carbs/day, but since its so low I dont mind going over sometimes.
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Typically the brake down is~ 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs. Shooting for 20g or under is good. Some people find they can have more. There is no exact #'s with the diet. You will have to see how you feel.
  • Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree.. aim for 5% and then see how it goes. I stay in keto easily so I let myself have more.
  • EbolaLeak
    EbolaLeak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My 5% is 22.
  • Raska
    Raska Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My 5% carb ratio gives me 20g exactly. 108g of fat, 142g of protein, and 20g of carbs a day is my daily goal, though there is some variance there since I find it very difficult to hit all three spot on.
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm a little higher, usually around 30-35 g/day after accounting for fiber, so my actual carb number is generally closer to 50g/day. Sometimes my ketostix are pink, sometimes they're brown, but in general, my measurements are going down and the overall trend on the scale is south, so I'm happy with that.

20g or less is just really tough for me to hit, and I would like to have a berry or ten every once in a while!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Sharing what my dietician gave me: 13% carb, 62% fat, 25% protein. Total carbs not to exceed 45g per day. Total carbs not to exceed 10g per meal or snack. The point being if you save up your carbs and eat too many at once, you can knock out of keto. I go out of ketosis very easily, so I try not to break his rules!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5% here as well, but I focus more on staying under 20g
  • picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Staying under 20 is like torture for me. I stay under 30 for sure and since I felt like absolute crap for no reason the last week, I'm betting it was from the diet change. Going to go in and get some stix soon, but in the meantime I'm just trying to adjust.

With my calories in the deficit I want, I would only be able to do 12-16g, which would make me ballistic.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 30g but I stay closer to 20g most days to stay in ketosis.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My 5% ratio gives me 16 carbs per day, excluding fiber. This number seems to be different for everyone.

Welcome to the group! I'm new to keto as well. (: