I hope you all don't mind

Options
I saw this group name and I hope you don't mind that I joined. I liked that it's a great way to motivate others and be positive. I see a lot of people affected on here by negative people, thank God I haven't experienced that!

"I would rather be tired from success than rested from failure"--my sister's quote!

Replies

• apirotte
    Options
    I love that quote! Your sister has the right idea, for sure. Are you new to myfitnesspal.com? I am. I signed up last year and never got on here. This year, I have to get heathy or it will kill me. My BP is out of wack and my eating habits are ridiculous. I'm addicted to sugar. I've tried all the diet gimmicks out there and nothing works...not even that HCG thing. I tried it in 2010 and gained all the weight back, that I lost, in 2011. The only program that has really worked for me is Weight Watchers. In 2005, I lost 18 lbs and kept it off until Dec of 2006. Then, I met my now husband and I've got all the weight, plus some, back on. I got lazy and started cooking better and bigger meals for both of us. He is 6' 4" and has a bottom-less stomach, it seems. He isn't overweight and looks great at 62. Maybe we could encourage each other. Sometimes I need a boost from a fellow loser. :-)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Glad to see other seeking a positive force in their journey. Totally welcomed to join and glad to have you here!

:smooched:

Katie
  • watchursize
    watchursize Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the ideal group. Friday morning weigh in works for me, 2012 is the year to finally lose this weight.
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good plan to me, last new year i said i wanted to lose weight before i turned 40, so i sat and did nothing till october, clock was ticking and i suddenly jumped up and started to do something, its my birthday on the 8th of jan, yep i have lost a bit of weight, but not as much as i could have done if i had only done someting about it before now..
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, hope its okay that I joined, this sounds like a good group and I am really looking for a good lifestyle change! Ive been struggling with my weight since 18 years old, and now I'm 23 and I'm, dying to get back at a reasonable weight before me and my boyfriend decide to tie the knot. We have talked about getting married, but no ring is on my finger yet, so I still have plenty of time, but you never know when its gonna happen. I presently weigh 164.2 lbs. (as of yesterday) and really would like to get down to 130 lbs which is approx. 35 lbs to lose from now! I am an RN and so losing weight seems impossible, especially between nightshifts, take-out, chocolates given to us, in combination with all the stress of working in the hospital.

In it to win it just really appealed to me! I feel like this is my year to really change my life!

Never, never, never, never give up.

Melinda
  • Fattylumpkin
    Fattylumpkin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site as well. I joined awhile back but never got on it. I now am over feeling sorry for myself and am now taking action and doing something about it! I have registered for my first marathon (Warrior Dash) in March and have begun training for it. This is such an exciting thing for me as I have always wanted to complete a marathon. Now the hard part is sticking through it and never giving up! I love food and all kinds...so I know this is gonna be hard but I have to stay postive and pray that I dont give up so easily. If anyone wants to share stories or give each other postive feedback, I am here.

I am TOTALLY In It To Win It!!! :)

4106481.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Serena68
    Options
    This group is perfect. All positive... I like that. :happy:
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Love the participation, we all learn from each other, keep them coming!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site as well. I joined awhile back but never got on it. I now am over feeling sorry for myself and am now taking action and doing something about it! I have registered for my first marathon (Warrior Dash) in March and have begun training for it. This is such an exciting thing for me as I have always wanted to complete a marathon. Now the hard part is sticking through it and never giving up! I love food and all kinds...so I know this is gonna be hard but I have to stay postive and pray that I dont give up so easily. If anyone wants to share stories or give each other postive feedback, I am here.

4106481.png
    Congrats!!! May I recommend you get involved with a running group in your area. Most running stores have access and can recommend a group. This has been my life line since I started running in October 2010. I have completed two 1/2 marathons and the training is intense but fun when you are training with others. Best to you! OC Runner11
  • ocrunner11
    Options

4106481.png
    Congrats!!! May I recommend you get involved with a running group in your area. Most running stores have access and can recommend a group. This has been my life line since I started running in October 2010. I have completed two 1/2 marathons and the training is intense but fun when you are training with others. Best to you! OC Runner11
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Hi Ladies, hope its okay that I joined, this sounds like a good group and I am really looking for a good lifestyle change! Ive been struggling with my weight since 18 years old, and now I'm 23 and I'm, dying to get back at a reasonable weight before me and my boyfriend decide to tie the knot. We have talked about getting married, but no ring is on my finger yet, so I still have plenty of time, but you never know when its gonna happen. I presently weigh 164.2 lbs. (as of yesterday) and really would like to get down to 130 lbs which is approx. 35 lbs to lose from now! I am an RN and so losing weight seems impossible, especially between nightshifts, take-out, chocolates given to us, in combination with all the stress of working in the hospital.

In it to win it just really appealed to me! I feel like this is my year to really change my life!

Never, never, never, never give up.

Melinda
    You came the right group, we want to encourage you to reach your goal weight. Weekly accountability is key as well as support and encouragement. You have taken a first step to making your dreams come true, take it one day at a time and log in your food and exercise. We have our first weigh in on Friday, that is our base line for 2012. Best to you! OCRunner11
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    sounds like a good plan to me, last new year i said i wanted to lose weight before i turned 40, so i sat and did nothing till october, clock was ticking and i suddenly jumped up and started to do something, its my birthday on the 8th of jan, yep i have lost a bit of weight, but not as much as i could have done if i had only done someting about it before now..
    Today is the first day of total commitment. Don't look back, just learn from it. Be in the present moment, log in your food and exercise and enjoy the transformation!!! Take care, OCRunner11:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    This sounds like the ideal group. Friday morning weigh in works for me, 2012 is the year to finally lose this weight.
    Yes it will be for our entire group!!! Enjoy the Day :flowerforyou:
  • harleygirl2390
    Options
    I just joined today and really love how possitive everyone is. I have always had issues with my weight and could really use some possitive reinforcement to help me succeed on my journey:smile:
  • WoolleyGuy
    Options
    Good Day, Everybody: I'm new to MFP and very happy to be the new guy to the group. I'm over 50, but I have never had a problem exercising. It's always been the food. I look forward to working with everyone and I'm open to all suggestions...especially as it relates to replacing my usual num-nums with equally satisfying alternatives.