question about milk

So I know you can have non-fat milk while doing Dukan. In the book he refers to having milk in your tea and coffee and using it to make sauces and desserts. But what about in a smoothie/milkshake? I was thinking of making a smoothie breakfast, with non-fat milk, vanilla essence, and a bit of yogurt. But would that be too much milk? It doesn't sound like the kind of use of milk that Dukan had in mind....

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    non-fat milk and yogurt are one the list. He said you can have any combination so it looks like it is a go.
  • Cool. I had that smoothie this morning with a raw egg, milk and vanilla essence. Alas, it could have done with a nice big scoop of honey! :wink:
  • bean42
    bean42 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi tuska

The only thing I would reccomend keeping in mind is the 1kg limit on dairy a day. 100ml of liquid is 100g but obviously yoghurt is heavier. Weigh out your ingredients and make sure you don't exceed the limit during the rest of the day.

The reason for the limit is the amount of lactose, which is a sugar, in the milk. I believe that Dr Dukan allows dairy but limits it because it is so satisfying and helps you stick to the diet, but be aware that the lactose is going to effect your weight loss so never exceed the limit.

Ellie