RECIPES FOR CAESIN POWDERS

Options
HERE SHOULD BE LISTED RECIPES FOR TRIED AND TRUE FLUFF RECIPES USING CAESIN POWDERS.

Please list brand of powder used so we can further refine our lists of workable powders

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Blueberry - Lemon Cream Pie

1 scoop Xtreme Formulations Caesin - Lemon cream pie (the best tasting stand alone powder I have had to date)

0.5 cups 2% Milk

200 grams Frozen Blueberries

Directions-
    1. Thaw berries slightly so that they can be smashed with the back of a spoon with a little effort
    2. Mix protein powder with milk using a spoon ( if you hit it with the mixer straight off you get a huge cloud of powder in your face)
    3. Add berries
    4. Mix with mixer starting on low and working up to high speed, Mine started fluffing around 5 minutes and I mixed for another 5.

Result

Soft fluff, VERY tasty.

1/2 batch =
    CALORIES 189
    Protein 11
    Fat 6
    Carbs 27
    Fiber 7

Calories and Fat could be slightly reduced by using skim milk.
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ok here goes.... my maiden voyage and first contribution
    Forgive me for i am about to suggest chocolate chips

Banana Choc chip fluff

2/3 cup light milk
    1.5 sccop cytosport casein in vanilla or what ever
    20g little dark choc bits
    1 medium banana chopped into chunks
    a few ice cubes

pop it in your magic bullet and whiz the hell out of it
    i had half straight up and popped the other half in the freezer to cool down
    very filling

im considering trying it with chia seeds and a teaspoon of drinking choc or some instant coffee or some fresh mint leaves or maybe some essence flavours.

you have a go and tell us what you did and how it turned out
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I bought a big tub of weider chocolate-cream and had some problems with it to start with but I think I have got it sorted, not quite as fluffy as my USN with fruit but this is lower calorie.

3 egg whites whipped to a stiff peak, whilst still whisking add in this order.

30g weider chocolate-cream powder
    100ml Almond or hazelnut milk
    1/2-2/3 level tsp xanthan gum
    6 smashed up ice cubes.

Whisk for 7-10 mins.

80% the sized of my blueberry fluff one and same consistency.

I found that the fluff was more cream than chocolate so I added a sprinkling (about 5g) of options drinking chocolate on top. This has opened up a whole range of flavour notes to top my fluff, for only about 20 calories extra. Just bought the Caribbean coconut, jazzy ginger, mint madness and dreamy caramel flavours to try in the upcoming weeks.

209 cals, 5g carbs, 2g fat, 38g protein
  • douglasmobbs
    Options
    Breakfast fluff

Got inventive today. I forgot to make overnight oats so cooked up some porridge and let it go cold before adding the Casein. To speed things up I added an ice cube. This got me thinking, if I whisk up the mixture with loads of ice will it fluff.

Not sure if this is a first, but it was for me, Breakfast fluff was born.

I used

33g oats
    150ml skimmed milk
    50ml water
    30g casein (Weider chocolate)
    about 12-14 smashed up ice cubes
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    it worked?

Seems like a lot of liquid. Intrigued.
  • douglasmobbs
    Options
    Yea it worked. Most of the liquid was soaked up by the oats leaving about half of it for the powder.