extra cardio

Options
linalynn86
linalynn86 Posts: 15 Member
Does anyone pair more cardio than what the dvd offers? I feel like I am getting a great workout, but I think I might need to add some more cardio.

Replies

• LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I do add cardio to my workouts, i alternate between the treadmill for 20-30 mins or my walking dvd.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    i'm so curious as to the effect of this programme alone that I'm going to just do this. I want to see if it makes any real difference.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I do 30ds every day plus 6 week 6 pack a few times a week if I need something more. I feel 30ds doesn't have quite as much ab work as I need. I love 6w6pack because there's lots of cardio along with ab work so my heart rate is up for the entire 30 minutes. I'm on day 8 of the shread btw.
  • 1stampermom
    1stampermom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am adding more cardio, but at a different time of day. Thought maybe if I split up the workouts it will keep my metabolism going (not sure if that's good logic or not?) Plus, I am burning less than 200 calories on 30DS, and I want to have more exercise calories to eat on those days that I am hungrier. Yesterday I added 40 minutes on elliptical. Most weekdays I will spend an hour at the gym either running, elliptical, abs, and maybe an occasionally full body workout, depending on soreness with 30DS. Off to do day 3 right now!
  • sthompson0214
    sthompson0214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did 20 min of Zumba afterwards on my Wii. Based on my HRM, I burned 173 calories both last night and this morning doing the 30 day shred. I'd like to burn at least 250 cal a day with exercise, hence why I added Zumba which burned an extra 150 calories. I think that's what I'm going to do is do the shred in the morning and the Zumba in the evening since it's something my kids can "dance" to also. :)

So, yes I'm adding more cardio also :)
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I started adding more cardio last night. I did two 10 minute kickboxing videos on YouTube (through the Wii).
  • kitsrunner
    kitsrunner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm still running 3x pr week...getting ready to run 5km in Feb
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical treadmill or a Leslie Sasone DVD in addition to the 30 Day Shred.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical treadmill or a Leslie Sansone DVD in addition to the 30 Day Shred.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    At the moment no I am just starting out so I want to do this and get through this and then will do more :-) Well done all that do you make me feel a bit lazy lol.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    As a newbie to fitness and just starting 30DS, I think I am being ambitious by also starting C25K tomorrow. Today's workout wasn't as difficult so I'm going to do a pilates video tonight for some extra strength and abs work
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    I go to the gym and do zumba everyday for an hour! It is a lot of fun and loosens up my body a little bit! It adds a nice kick to the 30 day shred.
  • USC_SKH
    USC_SKH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wanted to see how much I would lose the first week of doing 30DS without any added cardio. Next week I know I will add more cardio because Im only burning around 200 calories. I want to burn at least 500 calories 5 days a week. I usually either run/walk for twenty minutes. Once I lip sync to Beyonce with a 3 lbs weight as I dance around for an hour and burned over a 1000 calories.
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I still go the gym 5-x a week. I do the elliptical, and run on the treadmill or outside. I am planning on a couple 5ks in the spring, and I still have 65lbs left to go on my weightloss..
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yep, been doing Zumba, loser's cardio max, whatever...I feel I need more cardio for sure
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I will add more cardio this weekend (it's been an utterly insane week, and I'm just proud of the fact that I am putting exercise first for a change!). I will add in stationary bike or Wii (when I finally get it set up!). A couple of days a week (2-3) I'd like to get a total of 60 minutes of exercise but I also want to be realistic given my schedule.
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm still running 3x pr week...getting ready to run 5km in Feb

Ditto except I'm going for my first Half Marathon in May!
  • Brandee4
    Options
    I am running right after the shred. I feel likes it helps loosen up my legs.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I tried running today after the shred. It... didn't go well. I might try again in a few days and see how it goes, but the shred might be all I need for right now.
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started this week on 3 pound weights while doing the shred and 4 days of the week I also do The Biggest Loser Cardio Max Workout which gives me an hour long workout. Now in two weeks that Cardio max will push me to level two and then level three all while still going through the 30ds....