Did this group work?

Options
Mrsdjd
Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
I'm just wondering how everyone made out over the holidays? From what I have seen, everyone at the very least stayed even! Nice job, everyone!

Replies

• carrascoshannon
    Options
    I think it helped me stay on track...just getting back to counting calories alone really helped :)
  • smarterblonde
    smarterblonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This group did help me. I maintained through the holidays, which was my primary goal. I wish I got out of the holidays down a coupld of pounds, but that didn't happen. I will have to do that now. But this support from this group and knowing that you peeps were here to keep me in check if I needed it helped a lot.
    Thanks.
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    It worked well for me. I'm glad we did it.
  • Bob_III
    Bob_III Posts: 20
    Options
    Worked great for me too. Lost 8 lbs and kept it off so far. Thanks for inviting me to join!
  • morganalefay66
    morganalefay66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It worked for me. I joined after Thanksgiving and have lost 7 lbs since then. I didn't lose any weight over the Christmas/New Year's holidays, but I didn't gain either, which is a big deal for me. It was that time of the month for me beginning on 1/1 and I usually put on a couple pounds then, but I didn't. You guys are all great cheerleaders and such powerhouse athletes, so you truly inspire me and for that I thank you!
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose over the last couple weeks of the year, but that's not surprising. The last few weeks of the year are never good for me mentally, and this has been a sucky year anyway, so the fact that I didn't gain anything is a win in my book. Even if I didn't post every day, knowing that I would eventually have to 'fess up to my lack of exercise (which is my downfall more than eating) helped keep me in a slightly better routine than I would have otherwise!

I also changed my username here, since I'm not "StressRunner" anymore!
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I'm down almost 8 pounds since November 28th and even though my weight loss slowed during the holidays, I still lost a bit rather than gaining. I really like the fact that other people can see your diary, it makes me think twice about having another cookie.
  • katarama99
    Options
    I didn't have any stellar success, but I did lose a little so all things considered, it's a win.
  • IronDeli
    Options
    Absolutely! I know I'm usually in the red, but it's like playing a game on here to see if I can go green. It really has kept me from eating so much more, and we all know I can do that! I also happen to be the lightest I've been in many many years. If I can hit the 120s at my Sunday weigh-in, that will be HUGE. I haven't been in the 120s for about 12 years now.
  • Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great job, everyone! Wasn't the whole point not to wreck ourselves?
    I have no idea if I lost weight but my clothes are loose so I know I did not gain. Knowing that I will be posting for everyone to see has made me hesitate before eating, okay drinking something. I can't have everyone thinking that I am a lush!
  • TeriSue88
    Options
    HA I'm the same way. I've posted all my alcoholic beverages...no wonder I'm not losing more weight!! LOL I just really like beer!