January/February Conversation Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I still can't workout. I was getting better but then I went for a short run (I mean really short -- like slightly less than a mile) and it set me off again. I haven't even walked at lunch since then!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    MacMadame, I hope things soon settle down for you! I'm also glad that MacBoy was brave enough to tell you he needed more help. Too many people don't.

I'm still 250 pounds, so I'm nowhere near my doctor's goal weight of 125 pounds, but I still get cold so easily. Anybody else experience that with rapid weight loss? I've lost about 45 pounds in 2 months.

Robyn,

I'm not sure if it is the weight loss or a problem with my thyroid meds (Dr says levels are fine) but I am freezing- especially my hands. I find that it seems to be worse in the afternoon and evening. I went running for about 40 minutes today and it was about 35 degrees out. I was actually warm then, but since I got home, I can't warm up.

Lynn
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I'm not a good example because I was always cold pre-op too. But complaining about freezing is one of the most common complaints from people on WLS boards and also my real-life support groups.

So I suspect it's normal. :laugh:
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    I am always freezing cold lately and never was before surgery.
  • shandylynn
    Options
    Hello all!

I am curious if anyone here has experienced an ulcer or something similar in your new stomach, post bypass? If so, what were your symptoms?

I'm hoping you've seen your surgeon about this by now, but thought I'd share my story. I actually posted a thread called "scary complication" that you can check out if you want.

I had a "suspected" perforated ulcer in my pouch. Couldn't be confirmed becuase my swallow test didn't show a perforation but can't get scoped for awhile since surgeon didn't want to risk harming me further if it was a perforation. I go for a scope monday. Anyway, I had severe pain right below my sternum and my left upper abdomen. It woke me up. I had had some prior sharp pains in the same area but thought it was gas.

I spent 2 days in the hospital and was lucky, could've had to have more surgery. Don't wait if you've got pain!
  • shandylynn
    Options
    I'm cold all the time too. It has improved a little over the last couple of months (I'm 4 months out) but the first 2 months were miserable cold. I was always the hot one before surgery.
  • 1carlyj
    1carlyj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need a new protein shake. Any suggestions??
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I'm not a good example because I was always cold pre-op too. But complaining about freezing is one of the most common complaints from people on WLS boards and also my real-life support groups.

So I suspect it's normal. :laugh:

It is very normal.:wink: I think it is from a like of protien etc and my advice is just to dress warm and keep protien up. When in the honeymoon stages of your journey you are going to be cold until you can get in more protien.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I need a new protein shake. Any suggestions??
    I really like Chike! And MAX protein but I can't find it in my area. Boo!
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Today is the last day for this thread. So let's send it out with a bang!
This discussion has been closed.