BLACK TEAM WEEK 1 CHALLENGE!!!!!!

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Ok guys and girls, WELCOME to the BLACK TEAM!!! First of all please go to the topic reading- BLACK TEAM and post a little something, so we may add you to our friends list, I have asked most of you to be my friend, but just in case I missed anyone.

So I was thinking and I feel that challenges should be motivating and something we may add to our daily routines, that will help and motivate us to get to our goals. Here is our WEEK 1 CHALLENGE:

ADD 10 EXTRA MINUTES A DAY TO OUR CARDIO WORKOUT.

For example: if you workout 4 times a week, you will be adding an extra 40 minutes a week of cardio. That is a significant amount of extra calories you are burning!

Please feel free to add your tips or questions here for our team.

Let's make it a Great week BLACK TEAM!!!

Replies

• thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot how easy it was to just take a walk, play something like Dance Central, or even walking in place lol. The past three days it's like I can't get enough (it must be the endorphins!)

The easiest way to fit in some (add'l) exercise is to realize the time you are spending on the couch you could also spend on the floor stretching, walking in place, using an aerobic step, and still watch TV! Last night I used the stationary bike that's been sitting in my apartment living room for over a year unused while watching Biggest Loser. Forgot I was working out!

Never use "only 5-10 minutes" won't make a difference as an excuse because any extra movement will burn more calories than sitting on the couch :)
  • marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This will be hard but good! I will def try it! Good luck everyone!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Since I haven't been working out at all recently. I need to add working out 4X/Wk to my routine! Then add an additional 10mins a day! LOL... Will start right TODAY!

PS. I love this group - it is so motivating! :)
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree I love this group!! Also agree that this may be challenging because sometimes I only want to do my 20-30 minute workout haha but today I added an extra 10 min of dancing so instead of doing 20 minutes today I did 30:)...then an hour later did my circuit I created.
  • jomom2
    Options
    I agree I love this group!! Also agree that this may be challenging because sometimes I only want to do my 20-30 minute workout haha but today I added an extra 10 min of dancing so instead of doing 20 minutes today I did 30:)...then an hour later did my circuit I created.

AWESOME!! I know it was hard for me too! I did a dvd called insanity and I forced myself to do 30 mins, because I was only doing 20 mins! But felt awesome after! Keep up the good work!!
  • boxnchic
    boxnchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome Challenge!!!

I did my 30 minutes today before I read this, so I went on a walk with my fiance around the neighborhood :)
  • marulop14
    Options
    Okay.... So I'm doing both challenges... The drinking the 8 cups of water a day and I exercised 10 more minutes today!!!!! Let's all do both that way we can have more results.... Most important thing: MAKING IT A HABBIT. So once we add another challenge we should still be doing the past ones... Not changing challenge bt adding! Good luck!
  • marulop14
    Options
    I usually do 30 min of excercise so today I did 45min.... I took the extra 5 took slow down....
    Jomom2: there is a team thinking about doing daily challenges.... How would we be doing ours? In my opinion I think daily is too much but weekly gets boring.... How about we add a challenge every 3 to 4 days to spice things up and we will also give time to accommodate to the last one.
  • jomom2
    Options
    I usually do 30 min of excercise so today I did 45min.... I took the extra 5 took slow down....
    Jomom2: there is a team thinking about doing daily challenges.... How would we be doing ours? In my opinion I think daily is too much but weekly gets boring.... How about we add a challenge every 3 to 4 days to spice things up and we will also give time to accommodate to the last one.
    Yes, another team is thinking about doing daily challenges. Not all teams are doing the same challenges. I explained in the beginning of this topic that we will be doing one challenge a week, so that it is not overwhelming to everyone. I feel that when people do too much, they tend to quit and give up early. I think we are all doing the water challenge also, at least I noticed a few black team mates and myself doing it. Now, if there are more black teams mates that would like a daily challenge, we can do that.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Awesome Challenge!!!

I did my 30 minutes today before I read this, so I went on a walk with my fiance around the neighborhood :)
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    Since I haven't been working out at all recently. I need to add working out 4X/Wk to my routine! Then add an additional 10mins a day! LOL... Will start right TODAY!

I saw your weight loss! way to go!!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    I think I forgot how easy it was to just take a walk, play something like Dance Central, or even walking in place lol. The past three days it's like I can't get enough (it must be the endorphins!)

The easiest way to fit in some (add'l) exercise is to realize the time you are spending on the couch you could also spend on the floor stretching, walking in place, using an aerobic step, and still watch TV! Last night I used the stationary bike that's been sitting in my apartment living room for over a year unused while watching Biggest Loser. Forgot I was working out!

Never use "only 5-10 minutes" won't make a difference as an excuse because any extra movement will burn more calories than sitting on the couch :)
    it feels great right! Makes me think why do I ever stop exercising and become a couch potatoe lol
  • boxnchic
    boxnchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes, another team is thinking about doing daily challenges. Not all teams are doing the same challenges. I explained in the beginning of this topic that we will be doing one challenge a week, so that it is not overwhelming to everyone. I feel that when people do too much, they tend to quit and give up early. I think we are all doing the water challenge also, at least I noticed a few black team mates and myself doing it. Now, if there are more black teams mates that would like a daily challenge, we can do that.

I'm all for weekly, we can amp it up towards the end if we want, but I wouldn't want to get overwhelmed at first.
  • jomom2
    Options

I'm all for weekly, we can amp it up towards the end if we want, but I wouldn't want to get overwhelmed at first.
    I feel the same way!
  • jomom2
    Options
    GOOD MORNING BLACK TEAM!!! Was everyone able to complete their challenges? I drank 7 glasses of water, I have to get more water in today:drinker: I did the extra 10 mins of Insanity, it was tough but I got it done!!!!

SO, Pam gave us an idea, which I think is great! Lets take a BEFORE picture and at the end of the 12 weeks take an AFTER picture. You guys don't have to post it, just keep it to compare the BEFORE/AFTER look:noway:

I just wanted to note, we are 4 different teams, each team will do different type of challenges. Some will do daily, others weekly. Lets just stay focused on what we are doing in the BLACK TEAM :smile: Pam will still be posting a weekly challenge for the WHOLE group, plus the weekly challenge we have here.

I also wanted to thank you for being such a supportive bunch of teammates!

Now, I would :heart: your suggestions on future challenges!!!!

Have an amazing day, and just think you are one day closer to your goals!!!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Future challenges related to sleep would be great. I totally don't get enough sleep and I know that is hindering my weight loss.
  • jomom2
    Options
    Future challenges related to sleep would be great. I totally don't get enough sleep and I know that is hindering my weight loss.
    You read my mind!!! I was telling Pam last night, how I have not been sleeping all night at all. I think my problem is that I have been drinking coffee too late and it is keeping me up. But you are right, sleep is so important for our weight loss. Definately a good challenge! Thanks.
  • marulop14
    Options
    How about we eliminate sugar and sweetes (excluding fruits) for one week..... See if it helps lose more weight
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options

I saw your weight loss! way to go!!!

Thanks! I was so scared to get on that scale, but I lost almost 5 lbs since Monday at lunch!!! I couldn't believe it! And last night I did 20 minutes of WII Zumba and then did 10 extra minutes on my ski machine. Tonight I have already planned to attempt 15 minutes on my ski machine first and then do the 20 minutes of WII Zumba! Can't wait! :)
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    How about we eliminate sugar and sweetes (excluding fruits) for one week..... See if it helps lose more weight

Awesome idea... I have such a sweet tooth! ... I have been trying this week.