Location ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Diesel_Ice
    Options
    Bronx Zoo is right up the Block from me and I don't think that would work bc of the location.. But Central park is perfect.. WTC is also perfect.. I work up the block and we could all relax in the park and we can see the statue of liberty from there..
  • iamshells
    iamshells Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My friend owns 3 bar/lounges in the city. all located in Manhattan. Snafu, whiskey trader ,and whiskey rebel. If you guys like i can have him reserve space in bar/lounge for us. he can also give us drinking specials. for example i.e. $30 for 2-3hrs of all u can drink. let me know. being that it is also cinco de mayo....the bars will be packed.
  • iamshells
    Options
    i down with that.. my boy arun and tony owns that bar. my good friend anna manages that bar
  • pMalak
    pMalak Posts: 41
    Options
    My friend owns 3 bar/lounges in the city. all located in Manhattan. Snafu, whiskey trader ,and whiskey rebel. If you guys like i can have him reserve space in bar/lounge for us. he can also give us drinking specials. for example i.e. $30 for 2-3hrs of all u can drink. let me know. being that it is also cinco de mayo....the bars will be packed.

That might work. I would prefer union square and the villages over the upper parts of manhattan. It is always crowded there and lower parts for some reason have better food, drinks an atmosphere.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The Gallway Hooker in midtown! I could get group rates for The Empire State Building! I work there :)

Ok, what if we do a group rate to the Empire State Building, which would be nice for those who haven't been to the city much (or are like me. I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to the top, lol), and then pick a place in that general vicinity? It's also good cuz it's not crazy far from Penn Station, Grand Central, or Port Authority. Thoughts?
    [/quo

This!!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

You are my NEW FAVORITE PERSON!!! Yes!!! This is exactly what we need! I was already thinking we were gonna have to reserve a place cuz there's so many of us and it's Cinco de Mayo. I'm thinking Whiskey Trader and Central Park or Whiskey Rebel and Empire State Building. Votes??
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love whiskey rebel! They have great service!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Should I make an executive decision since I am the founder of all this craziness?? Lol

How about Empire State Building and then Whiskey Rebel? And anyone who wants to meet earlier in the day we can meet for a walk in Central Park?
  • iamshells
    Options
    All of the 3 bars basically has the same theme. Whiskey rebel is cool...but a bit small. Snafu is cool and close to grand central. Whiskey Trader is the largest of the locations and close to central park. I think we should go for Whiskey trader
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ok, how about we go with Central Park and Whiskey Trader then? Anyone getting in early and wanting to make more of a day of it we can look at doing something extra in the morning, like the Empire State Building or something.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to make an EXECUTIVE DECISION here and say Central Park then Whiskey Trader. Anyone who wants to meet even earlier we can keep up that conversation here!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to make an EXECUTIVE DECISION here and say Central Park then Whiskey Trader. Anyone who wants to meet even earlier we can keep up that conversation here!

Whiskey trader sounds like a good spot to me! Although Cinco de Mayo... is more about tequila then whiskey.
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yayyy would love to go to the Empire State building....I have never been any of those places tho....so its gonna be fun regardless...
  • KatieJane83
    Options

Whiskey trader sounds like a good spot to me! Although Cinco de Mayo... is more about tequila then whiskey.

I'm sure they'll have some form of tequila! Lmao
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I am sure they will! Actually that was something that surprised me about Whiskey Rebel... they had a bunch of drink specials, vodkatini type things but nothing that was my favorite mixed drink... whiskey and ice!
  • KatieJane83
    Options

I am sure they will! Actually that was something that surprised me about Whiskey Rebel... they had a bunch of drink specials, vodkatini type things but nothing that was my favorite mixed drink... whiskey and ice!

Hmm, seems the name of the bar is a bit of a misnomer! Lol
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    So I found this 5K route through Central Park: http://www.mapmyrun.com/s/routes/view/run-jog-map/new-york/new-york/1006320 . What do you think, good walk for our 5/5/12 gathering before we hit the bar?
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    So I found this 5K route through Central Park: http://www.mapmyrun.com/s/routes/view/run-jog-map/new-york/new-york/1006320 . What do you think, good walk for our 5/5/12 gathering before we hit the bar?

Ummmm NYC is tricky. May 5th it could be 70 degrees out. Sweating at the bar is no bueno.

I will meet you guys after :)