2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Coming over from the 1st trimester board :) I'm a few days past 13 weeks as of today. Can NOT believe how quickly the time is flying. We still haven't told most of the family...not sure what we're waiting on now. Although my husband and I did discuss just seeing how long it takes for people to figure it out :) I think we're leaning towards letting everyone in at Christmas. Have all of you early 2nd trimester ladies told everyone yet? Hope everyone else is doing great.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It's a girl! :smile: she didn't want to spread her legs but once I started laughing she moved around a bit.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    It's a girl! :smile: she didn't want to spread her legs but once I started laughing she moved around a bit.

Yay! That's funny :happy:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Coming over from the 1st trimester board :) I'm a few days past 13 weeks as of today. Can NOT believe how quickly the time is flying. We still haven't told most of the family...not sure what we're waiting on now. Although my husband and I did discuss just seeing how long it takes for people to figure it out :) I think we're leaning towards letting everyone in at Christmas. Have all of you early 2nd trimester ladies told everyone yet? Hope everyone else is doing great.

Hey there!

I am 14w3d here, and there is still a chunk of my family that does not know. Most importantly, my parents! (I know!!!) We don't live near each other. I had planned to tell them a few weeks ago, but it was the lead-up to Hurricane Sandy, and we talked about preparations and what I could do for them from a distance in case their power was out for a while (which it was). Then I talked to them super briefly after the storm, but we had to keep it mega brief and on-point because they had cell phones and could charge them in the car but could only get reception way far away from their home, which was tough with trees all over the roads and no traffic lights. Then they were out of the country for a week, and then when they got back, I had bad laryngitis. I am still not recovered (almost three weeks since I had a normal voice). They called me on Saturday, but I had my hands full, and I still was not capable of talking for long stints. I tried calling my mom on Monday evening, but she didn't pick up, so I left a message. I am going to try again this evening to see if I can get through.

My brothers don't know, either, since I wanted to wait to tell them until after my parents knew. My sister knows, but I see her all the time. My Godmother also needs to be told, and we need to tell our office staff. That one will be a big weight off my shoulders because it affects what I wear to work every day!

Then I can make an open announcement on Facebook, which will be good because then all my Spinning instructors will know. I haven't been able to go in a few weeks but plan to this Saturday, and I don't want them to think I'm just getting fat :tongue:

So yeah, I need to get it done this week!

Last time, with a few exceptions, our family did not know until I was almost 20 weeks. That's just the way it worked out with when we were seeing people. I felt like it was a little long, though, like, um, we're having a baby in 4 months. At least this time I am just past the first trimester, so it makes sense.
  • ehg87
    Options
    I've told a few close family members (mom, sister, 2 aunts) I have a really large family with all of my grandparents still living (baby's great grandparents) We just jumped the gun last time, and told everyone at like 8 weeks only to have to tell everyone 2 weeks later that we had miscarried. I did have a Dr's appt Monday though and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. That was so reassuring hearing that fast paced beating. So while I'm ok with telling everyone now, I think I'd like to do it in person for a change.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I've told a few close family members (mom, sister, 2 aunts) I have a really large family with all of my grandparents still living (baby's great grandparents) We just jumped the gun last time, and told everyone at like 8 weeks only to have to tell everyone 2 weeks later that we had miscarried. I did have a Dr's appt Monday though and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. That was so reassuring hearing that fast paced beating. So while I'm ok with telling everyone now, I think I'd like to do it in person for a change.

Wow, you are so lucky to have all your grandparents living! By the time I was 21, I only had my two grandmothers left. By the time I was 27, I had lost one grandmother, and my husband had lost one as well, leaving each of us with only one grandmother left. We are grateful to have them, though, for as long as they are around!

That will be awesome that all of them will be great-grandparents again!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Had a date with my bestie last night and we were talking about my move to CA (either in mo 7 or right after baby). Until now I had been avoiding the topic and pretending it just wasn't going to happen. Now I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so upset to be leaving my closest friends and especially upset that I have lived on my own for the last 8 years and we will probably be living with family.
    I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE WITH FAMILY! I really think we can make it work not to, but hubs thinks it's impractical to move accross country without a safety net and we should live with them until he has a solid job. I see what he's saying but am I being selfish/impractical to say "take whatever freaking job(s) you can get that will pay the bills and then start looking for your dream job?" The plan is for me to stay at home, and i'm really happy with that plan but i think I'd almost rather work for a while and leave the baby with family during the day if that means we can have our own place.....I didn't realize I had such strong feelings about this until yesterday/today but I think hubby and I need to have a LONG honest talk
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Had a date with my bestie last night and we were talking about my move to CA (either in mo 7 or right after baby). Until now I had been avoiding the topic and pretending it just wasn't going to happen. Now I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so upset to be leaving my closest friends and especially upset that I have lived on my own for the last 8 years and we will probably be living with family.
    I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE WITH FAMILY! I really think we can make it work not to, but hubs thinks it's impractical to move accross country without a safety net and we should live with them until he has a solid job. I see what he's saying but am I being selfish/impractical to say "take whatever freaking job(s) you can get that will pay the bills and then start looking for your dream job?" The plan is for me to stay at home, and i'm really happy with that plan but i think I'd almost rather work for a while and leave the baby with family during the day if that means we can have our own place.....I didn't realize I had such strong feelings about this until yesterday/today but I think hubby and I need to have a LONG honest talk

Do you have to move? I don't know what the circumstances are surrounding the move (and I totally understand if you don't want to share), but it sounds like the whole scenario is a massively stressful situation. I would do whatever I can to not live with family!!!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

Do you have to move? I don't know what the circumstances are surrounding the move (and I totally understand if you don't want to share), but it sounds like the whole scenario is a massively stressful situation. I would do whatever I can to not live with family!!!

May is the end of my enlistment so we are returning home. Hubby's job here wouldn't support us, and NJ sucks, so going back to CA, cool.....probably living with family.....not so cool
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'm moving over from the 1st trimester board. I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday. Hi all!
    I am pregnant with my third child. I'm 36 and will be 37 when this little bugger is born. Hoping for a girl this time so my husband won't think I'll have more later. I just don't think I can handle more!
  • RBXChas
    Options

May is the end of my enlistment so we are returning home. Hubby's job here wouldn't support us, and NJ sucks, so going back to CA, cool.....probably living with family.....not so cool

Hey, I'm from NJ! :tongue: (Did I mention I don't live there by choice?)

I gotcha, though, on the enlistment thing. NJ is expensive, too, which is really the main reason (plus the cold) that I didn't want to live there again. Not that CA is cheap, though...

Not trying to make an already stressful situation more stressful for you, but does your husband appreciate just how hard it's going to be living with family, nevermind with a newborn? I guess that's probably part of your long, honest talk.
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    inboxing you rbx
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I'm moving over from the 1st trimester board. I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday. Hi all!
    I am pregnant with my third child. I'm 36 and will be 37 when this little bugger is born. Hoping for a girl this time so my husband won't think I'll have more later. I just don't think I can handle more!

LOL, I have thought the same thing. We already have a son, and while I think I would prefer to have another boy, part of me hopes it's a girl so that my husband convinces himself that we're done. He eventually wants to have a vasectomy (his choice, not mine), and we had recently discussed being done after two kids. Long ago we had wanted three but didn't think we'd get started this late, and after having one, I decided that I didn't think I had it in me to do it all twice more. Once more was ok, but not twice. So I am definitely done, but a couple of weeks ago he told me he isn't so sure. He wants to re-evaluate after we have this baby... I think that I will be more convinced that two is enough after this one is born (after my first I remember saying, "Never again!"), and I will be especially happy to gradually ditch the baby stuff after s/he outgrows things and reclaim my house. So I'm not sure how that will go, but I think if we end up with a boy and a girl, I'll have a more ammo for my argument that we should stop at two! He just wants to be super sure we're done before he has a vasectomy,* but since it doesn't matter to me whether he gets one or not, he can just wait on that one forever if he wants!

*A friend recently told me about another friend who is expecting a baby... their other child is 18! Turns out the dad had a vasectomy years ago, and the stuff that is snipped reconnected somehow. Apparently it's been known to happen, but I guess it is very, very rare!
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

LOL, I have thought the same thing. We already have a son, and while I think I would prefer to have another boy, part of me hopes it's a girl so that my husband convinces himself that we're done. He eventually wants to have a vasectomy (his choice, not mine), and we had recently discussed being done after two kids. Long ago we had wanted three but didn't think we'd get started this late, and after having one, I decided that I didn't think I had it in me to do it all twice more. Once more was ok, but not twice. So I am definitely done, but a couple of weeks ago he told me he isn't so sure. He wants to re-evaluate after we have this baby... I think that I will be more convinced that two is enough after this one is born (after my first I remember saying, "Never again!"), and I will be especially happy to gradually ditch the baby stuff after s/he outgrows things and reclaim my house. So I'm not sure how that will go, but I think if we end up with a boy and a girl, I'll have a more ammo for my argument that we should stop at two! He just wants to be super sure we're done before he has a vasectomy,* but since it doesn't matter to me whether he gets one or not, he can just wait on that one forever if he wants!

*A friend recently told me about another friend who is expecting a baby... their other child is 18! Turns out the dad had a vasectomy years ago, and the stuff that is snipped reconnected somehow. Apparently it's been known to happen, but I guess it is very, very rare!

I told my husband if he wanted another one, he would have to find someone else to help him out. Three is enough!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

I told my hubs if we have two boys I'll try for a girl, if we have two girls we'll adopt! but now that we are having a girl I just adore the thought of all the girly fun we will be having so perhaps I'm not so against having more than 2 girls, I guess we'll see in a few years! ;)
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    This momma was able to lift some weights tonight! I am super happy about this. I found out what I need to modify and replace tonight and I'll have a new routine ready for Tuesday!
  • Karkle14
    Options
    Hi, just joining. At 15 weeks 3days. I feel like I'm on the best (worst?) diet ever. I have almost no appetite yet and am holding steady at the same weight I was the day I found out I was pregnant (granted that was up five pounds from my normal). However my waist is definitely thicker (hence the worst diet...who wants to not eat but still get bigger?)

I can't wait for the hunger to come back. I feel like I'm really missing out on the fun of getting to indulge while pregnant. I'm managing enough food to be healthy everyday but it's a struggle not a pleasure.

Those of you with super appetites right now, I'm soooo jealous of you.
  • ehg87
    Options
    Anyone feeling movement yet? I 'm a couple days beyond 14 weeks and have felt definate movement (not gas) for almost a week now. Last week was just tiny little flutters, this morning I just had a nudge so exciting. I knew everyone told me I'd feel movement earlier as this is 3rd baby 4th pregnancy, but was starting to have my doubts. Plus when I went to the Dr last week, and heard the heartbeat with the doppler; the Dr literally had the chase the baby around with the doppler to keep up. YAY!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Anyone feeling movement yet? I 'm a couple days beyond 14 weeks and have felt definate movement (not gas) for almost a week now. Last week was just tiny little flutters, this morning I just had a nudge so exciting. I knew everyone told me I'd feel movement earlier as this is 3rd baby 4th pregnancy, but was starting to have my doubts. Plus when I went to the Dr last week, and heard the heartbeat with the doppler; the Dr literally had the chase the baby around with the doppler to keep up. YAY!!

I feel like I am from time to time, and I'm pretty sure it's not gas! You and I both know the feeling is much different :wink:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

I started feeling a fluttering at around 15 weeks and the first real kicks at 17 or 18 weeks. If this is your first baby, it sometimes takes longer to recognize early fetal movement. Soon enough, he/she will be kicking the crap out of your liver! :smile: