First Week!

Options
celizabet
celizabet Posts: 48 Member
Hello my fitness buddies!

I created a spreadsheet with the initial weigh ins that were emailed to me, so if you didn't get yours in please get it in before the 7th, and on the 7th we have our second weigh in!!!

On the 8th I'll post the winners for the week! :)

Please post how your week is going, your successes and failures so far, and what plans you have for exercise or eating right for next week.

Let's get 2012 started off right!

Replies

• tenquilts
    Options
    Hi all! Honestly, my biggest challenge is getting in enough calories. I always eat the same thing for breakfast every day. When I'm not watching my diet I pig out on lunch and dinner and drink a glass of wine or beer or two at night. When I'm trying to lose weight, I eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch and fix a healthy dinner, but this all often adds up to only about 900 calories. I'm 5' tall, 41 years old, and live a sedentary lifestyle, so I'm aiming for 1,200 calories a day. It's generally 7 or 8 at night by the time I realize that I'm short and I don't want to eat too much in the evening, but I'm also worried about going over my amount with snacking during the day. What usually ends up happening is I eventually find the right mix of snacks during the day and then rarely deviate from it, which means I get sick of my food choices. So I'm still trying to figure all that out!

One success is that I've gone through the latest issue of Cooking Light and chosen a half dozen recipes to make through the weekend, so I feel really good about having a rich and varied diet while sticking to my nutritional goals. One plan is that, since I don't drink enough water during the day, I want to buy a large insulated tumbler to keep in my office and perpetually drink ice water throughout the day (I'm good in the evenings at home).
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. I have been getting on the treadmill more this week. My plan is to take things one week at time. When I start looking at months I start trying to do too much...So this week my plan was to make it on the treadmill for 30 minutes at least five times this week and stay within calorie goal of 1200.....So far so good! How is everyone else week going?
  • kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

So my week has been going well so far because of two small successes. #1: I have been active every day this week (running or cross-country skiing). It is so much easier for me to eat healthy and eat within my calorie limits when I am active. #2: I got on the scale this morning. As I mentioned in my "initial weigh-in" post, I was active on MFP for quite a while at the end of 2009 and the first half of 2010 as I went from 174 pounds to a final weight of 138 (so happy and fit at that weight... never thought I could do it!)... but then a lot of changes happened in my life and I used them as an excuse when I fell off the wagon. I started avoiding the scale and only peeking every few weeks... then every few months... I was scared of what it would say and disappointed in myself. Well, I finally got myself back on MFP and joined this group so that I have to go on the scale and so that I can have help and support in keeping myself accountable. So I climbed on the scale this morning and was actually surprised to see it read 156.4... last I'd looked several weeks ago, it had read 160. It's not great, as I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be, but it isn't as bad as I'd been expecting... and from here on out, I'm going to make it a point to keep that number dropping.

As for what I plan to do in the next week to eat right and exercise, I am going to plan meals ahead of time (try for the day before) so that I know what I can eat before I start scavenging. It's always helpful for me to have an entire day planned before it starts. I am also making it my goal to exercise for a minimum of 1 hour every day this week... and next week too. I need to re-build my endurance for skiing and running.

Hope everyone else's week is going well! :)
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

My week has been OK. I has pretty tough with the calories. I am always hungry but I have made smarter choices. As for the exercise part, I have done great. I started walking/jogging. I am up to 6 miles and I have two days in the week left. Planning on a taking a four mile walk/jog Saturday afternoon. I have dusted and removed the clothes hanging off of my elliptical machine and I actually used it three times this week in the mornings. I weighed this morning and I have not lost a pound. URG!! Hoping it was just a bad scale day. I promised I would only weigh on Saturday’s but I needed to peek. Thank you for starting this group. I am doing a lot better with help.

Susie from Texas
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    This week as not been my greatest. Actually started new years eve. Went out of town, and that did it to my routine. Ate a lot of junk (low quality poor nutrition food). And I have not been exercising. However, I manage to remain under maintenance for the week. So I shouldn't gain any weight, right? Yeah, right, I know the scale will still show an uptick. So I'll chock it up to salt. :tongue: Anyway, start day one of the elimination diet today (to test for allergies) and back on my exercise routine. So, should be doing better here on out. But right now still vegging.
  • walkinmamma
    walkinmamma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's been a really good week for me! I have been focusing on eating good nutritional food to fuel my body and keeping active everyday. It's actually been relatively easy to stay below my budgeted calories, and the scale showed it this morning. However, this is not my first time around the block :laugh: , and I know not all weeks are like this. Just enjoying it for now!

Congrats to everybody who met their goals this week and a first bump of encouragement for a better week to come for those who weren't quite there.
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Today is my first day in the group but I did start a NO Sugar Challenge on the 1st. So I think this group will be perfect for me. I started the year at 181.5 and will weigh in tomorrow and post it here.

I have been preparing my lunch each night, made a dinner meal plan for the week, and I drink a smoothie with fruit & spinach for breakfast. I made homemade healthy snacks for those weak moments and I have fallen in love with LaraBars for pre- or post work out yummy-ness.

I also did strength training twice this week and cardio twice this week!

I feel like I am off to a great start and I am looking forward to this journet with you guys.
  • bjmmcw98
    Options
    I know I am late on the check in but I still wanted to post. I was struggling this week due to AF but I was still able to stay under my calories and get my work outs in. I am down to 203 (2lbs this week) and that is a good thing.

I pray that you will all have a great week this week.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the scale but I have lost 4 inches this week so I guess I will ignore the scale!!!!!
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am at 177.5!
  • footballmom2000
    footballmom2000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's the best thing you can do -- my trainer doesn't believe in using the scale. I had to beg her to weigh in every two weeks. The lose in inches is awesome!!
    :smile: