Relearning the basics

Options
AlmstHvn
AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
I blogged about something recently (don't know if you can see it or not - try and let me know!). Since it's related to the amount of weight, I thought I'd ask here... Do you find that as you lose significant amounts of weight (or even just starting on that journey, as I am), that you're having to relearn how to move your body?

I'm 49 - I learned to walk before age 1, so you'd think I'd be pretty good at it by now - but I'm learning that no, I'm not. Much like when I was in rehab after a car wreck, I'm learning how to walk all over again - posture of my torso, tightness of the core, which leg muscles to focus on, keeping knees and toes moving forward, keeping my balance, etc.

It's frustrating to think I'm "having" to learn to walk... yet exciting to think of how good it feels when I'm "in the zone" and things are moving as they were designed. I have a 120ish lbs still to lose - how amazing is THAT going to feel?

That right there is good motivation as I build up my strength and stamina - and retrain these ole' legs how to do their thing!