Introduce yourself!

Options
Please introduce yourself and tell if you are natural or relaxed, and what products you use!!!

Replies

• mrsmd2010
    Options
    Hello I'm Chel, I'm new to this site. I decided to go natural last year after I started having a lot of breakage. I moved from Ohio to Las Vegas and I guess my relaxed hair just couldn't take the change. I joined this site b/c since the move not only did my hair go through changes but my body did too. I have put on some pounds. I hope that as a take this step to lose weight I can also find ways to care for my new head of natural hair. Look forward to learning and sharing.
  • ktoliver28
    ktoliver28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A 'real' job made me fat so I am making a lifestyle change. I joined this site to have support. I have been natural for about 2 years and am using protective styling to work out without damage.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my name is Glenda. I have been a member of MFP since last November, but I really started using it on January 5th. I am a married mom of 8. I have been fully natural for almost 8 months after a 14 month. 3 week transition. This was my second time going natural and my last. I do protective styling in my hair 95% of the time with rope twists, and mini braids. I use castor and olive oils, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner, VO5 Moisture Milks and Clarifying Conditioner, Fantasia IC Leave in Conditioner with Aloe, distilled water, and Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioner. I know I have a lot of weight to lose, but I believe that I am worth the work that I have to put in to meet my goals.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined this site after I realized that I weigh more now than the day I gave birth to my twins. I am natural and have been on and off for the last 14 years. The only product use for my hair is Blue Magic hair grease. I haven't found anything better yet.
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I have been a member of this site for over a month and wanted to join you guys. I have been natural for 5 years, I guess. I enjoy being natural. I use Ms. Jessie's products and for the most part I stick with twistouts and most times wash and gos. SW 228 CW 203 1ST GW 195 GW 170ISH.
  • BShanese
    BShanese Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I have been natural for 10 years and although I usually wear a wash and go in the summer, I have recently decided to focus on taking care of my hair and have been wearing loose buns with my ends pinned up & braid outs, keeping my hair moisturized with cantu shea butter and coconut oil. :)
  • Gottaluvme777
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I'm Shelly.....new to the site but not new to trying to lose weight. I'm currently short & relaxed, but have been strongly considering going natural for awhile now. Thinking that I will probably try to transition through braids - which I think is going to work out in my favor as far as working out is concerned.

Not sure what to do about my hair right now as I'm about to start a new work out regimen and I don't want to do my hair everyday. I was thinking about tying it down with a scarf when I do it, but that may promote sweating even more in my scalp. Either way, I'm not going to let this hinder me in my working out....but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • Gottaluvme777
    Options
    I use Ms. Jessie's products and for the most part I stick with twistouts and most times wash and gos.

When I was natural in the past, I loved Miss Jessie's hair products! GREAT PRODUCTS!!!!! And her website is good also because it shows you various ways to style your natural hair too.
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to do about my hair right now as I'm about to start a new work out regimen and I don't want to do my hair everyday. I was thinking about tying it down with a scarf when I do it, but that may promote sweating even more in my scalp. Either way, I'm not going to let this hinder me in my working out....but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You could still wrap it with the scarf and when you are finished with your workout, give it a quick blow dry to get rid of the sweat. I have locs (I don't wrap it with a scarf but just put it in a ponytail) but the blow drying right after working out works for me.

Or you can always clip back the front parts if there is enough length to do that or use a headband.
  • adiajapera
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I joined the site two weeks ago to help monitor what I eat and track my work out. I went natural in 2008. I chose to get a Brazillian blow out last year. I work out everyday and my biggest problem is that I mainly sweat in my hair. This means I have to was my har daily because I can't stand the smell of dried sweat in my hair. I try to avoid damage by roller setting my hair. I enjoy working out but I really hate the number it does on my hair.
  • blkfamu
    blkfamu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I have been natural for about 4 years now. I usually wear my hair in protective styles. I am just starting to let my hair grow out because its just easier to manage at a shorter length. I use shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera gel and Giovanni Leave in Conditioner.
  • Blkroses55
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Greetings! Excited to be part of this groups. I've been natural for about 10 years. I've had locs for about 7 of those 10 years. I'm not really a product junkie. I use my own miz of shea butter and oils. I hate frizzies! Now that i'm working out more.. I'm gonna see what works best for my hair.
  • Shondatingting
    Options
    Hi all! I joined MFP this month to GAIN weight ( a rarity I know!). I've been underweight since forever, and I want to put on a few pounds which will hopefully give me that womanly shape I've desperately been wanting. :smile: I've been natural for a year now and I absolutely love it! I switch up my regimen but I mainly use Giovanni, Tresemme, Curls, Shea Moisture, Renpure, and Suave products along with coconut, jojoba, and olive oils. Basically, i try to stick with either pure organic products or those with low silicones and sulfates. I tend to wear more braid-outs now that my hair is getting longer but I do twist out or straw set from time to time.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone! :happy:

I've been natural since 2007 and wear my hair in protective styles. I like the natural texture of my hair and see no reason to put chemicals in it.

I use Palmer's olive oil hair mist every other day or so and Pantene's Relaxed and Natural shampoo and conditioner.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi ! New to the group. I have really started to incorporate fitness into my new lifestyle. I felt I needed to get my food under control FIRST, then ease into fitness. Now that I am exercising my relaxed hair is very very high maintenance. I use KeraCare products for the past 10 years. I use heat on my hair once a week. I am now looking for easier healthly low maintenance styles. My friends suggested Tree braids. She said it would not pull my hair out around the edges. My sister suggested a quick weave. I am not a fan of weave but if it will help me to maintain a consistent exercise routine. I am open to it! I am here to learn about "our" hair and get tips!
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey my hair is relaxed and I use different products all the time...I have a few staples but for me the key is to deep condition and be gentle when handling my hair...limit heat and stretch relaxers. Products are secondary to technique.

I grew my hair from neck length to midback...check out my blog if you want :)http://www.myhealthyhairjourney.blogspot.com/
  • ashabi91
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Ashabi. I just joined this website about 20 minutes ago! I'm currently transitioning from relaxed to natural. I've been transitioning for about a year and 3 months. I keep my hair braided up or in twists most of the time. I plan on doing the big chop in a couple of months. I don't really know much about products but i try to use shea butter a lot.
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have been natural for 5 years. Currently I'm on my second set of locs, (with the first set my locs around the edges started to thin out and eventually I lost a few so I just cut them all out). Extreme I know but started over fresh and this time no dyes and 50 different products, ect. My old set was 13 months old. My new set is 4months old babies:) I don't use anything except oil in my hair. I use any shampoo, conditioner. My hair is in it's "funny" stage so I mostly cover my babies up with a wig when I'm out. My daughter locs are 2 months old and look awesome, I'm not that lucky lol. I don't twist my hair at all but I do twist my daughter's. I use Taliah Waajid Lock It Up on her hair.
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I am new to MFP. I started my healthy hair journey about 6 months ago. Then I got started on my fitness journey, so now I am absolutley obsessed with both!!! I am relaxed. I usually wear my hair either in a wrap, sew in or a ponytail. I have been VERY lost since I have begin my fitness journey. Not sure what to do with it. I love to deep condition. I use Kera Care products and Creme of Nature. Lots of Shea butter and wave neavou for moisture and seal. Gotta moisturize and seal.
  • 189king
    189king Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Joined to stay focused, get advice from others and help anyone who needs it. Also on twitter @189King