First failure

Options
msiamjan
msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
So, I tried to do week 9 run 1 and failed :(. At 16 minutes I was toast. It was hotter than usual, I was running a different path and was running with a buddy instead of my I-pod. There was a lot more unrelenting uphill that I was used to. Would it be bad to try again today, under the conditions I'm more used to? It's still hot here, but I could do a flatter path and with my i-pod. I'm disappointed about yesterday, so I feel like I want to try again, but wondering if it would be wiser to wait until tomorrow.

Replies

• anilyze
    anilyze Posts: 67
    Options
    I failed at 28 minute run on Monday and just tried to do the next one (29 min) yesterday and I did it fine (actually did 31 minutes instead). I would give it a day between and just try again.

I felt the same way as you, I think... I was so disheartened and couldn't believe that I couldn't do it. So much so, that I wanted to try it again later the same day! But I thought it may have been over conditioning too, so I walked the dogs instead on the rest day and did the next run as scheduled. I think trying it too soon and making it more difficult for myself to complete it would have been too much for me. LOL I kid, but I really think it would have hurt my confidence and motivation to try and fail again, so I gave myself the best chance by fighting the urge to prove to myself I could do it until the next scheduled run.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wait a day if you can and pick a slightly easier route - you can conquer the uphill one another day! Just getting through the 30 minute run is enough on its own! (speaking as a graduate)