Macros- How is yours set?

Options
Julesjhj
Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
I accidently wiped out/reset my customized macro and of course it changed all my data for the last year. I am trying to put it back to primal/paleo standards.

I now have it set at 25%Carb- 35%Protein - 45%Fat....does this sound right? Please note that I am now pretty much to my goal weight. My goal has been to eat my weight in protein (135g) but I usually dont meet that. I do however meet and exceed my fat grams on most days which has not had any ill effect on me losing weight. My BMI is 21. Will I have to lower my fat intake to get leaner (18-19 BMI)?

Hoping you primal/paleo folks can enlighten me.

Thanks,
Jules

Replies

• _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hey Jules,

Mine are set to 55% fat, 15% carbs and 30% protein. It's working for me, but I'm still wanting to drop weight.

:)
    Amy
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I have mine set at 25%Carbs/40% Protein/35%Fats. I am also basically at my goal weight and looking to just get stronger, lower BF% through eating healthy.
    I'm not sure if those % will end up being perfect for me, I may have to tweak it -maybe switch the Fat/Protein. But being someone who was always AFRAID of "FATS" I think 35% is a decent starting point.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to them - for the most part. I know I want my carbs to be in the 50-100 range; I want my sugar to be as low as I can get it; and the remainder is fat/protein, which divides up roughly equal on most days.

The paleo hunter/gatherer paid absolutely no attention to the proportions of what he ate. When there was meat, he ate it; the rest of the time it was fruit, nuts and greenery. As long as my cooking consists of a high plant/low animal ratio, I let it regulate itself - I just glance at MFP's diary on occasion to make sure I'm not drifting.
  • RhymingOrange
    RhymingOrange Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find that 65% fat/35% protein/10% carb is working really well for me, and is quite sustainable. Sometimes it's more like 60/35/15, but I'm also trying to lose a lot of weight (80 lbs).
  • kcalla
    kcalla Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to them - for the most part. I know I want my carbs to be in the 50-100 range; I want my sugar to be as low as I can get it; and the remainder is fat/protein, which divides up roughly equal on most days.

The paleo hunter/gatherer paid absolutely no attention to the proportions of what he ate. When there was meat, he ate it; the rest of the time it was fruit, nuts and greenery. As long as my cooking consists of a high plant/low animal ratio, I let it regulate itself - I just glance at MFP's diary on occasion to make sure I'm not drifting.

I'm with you. I'm at goal weight and eat the same exact way. I watch my carbs and keep sugar low and eat my sugar surrounded by a plant. Still wanting to read Gundry's Diet Evolution book. Wish they had it at the library!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

This is what I do. I keep an eye on the quantity and especially quality of my carbs. I do my best to stay away from sugar - I try to enjoy some fruit on occasion. After that I make sure to eat eggs, meats, poultry, fatty fish and use plenty of butter and coconut oil for cooking and drenching my veggies and meat. The only thing that moves the scale is the sugar/carbs and it doesn't take much. That's it.
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How do you change these settings?
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    How do you change these settings?

From "my Home" click on Goals, click "change goals", click "Custom" and you should be all set to make changes.