I had a really cool experience tonight...

Options
cln714
cln714 Posts: 174 Member
I'm jogging along at my usual (very slow) speed. It starts off a bit rough. My calves hurt and my breathing sucks. I'm trying to slow down but still technically be jogging. Then about two thirds of the way in to my run something miraculous happens. All the pain just suddenly goes away and my breathing is cool too!!! Then my pace picks up and I feel as though I can just run till my heart's content. My heart is filled with joy and I feel alive! What is up with that? I love it!!! I wish I could make that happen every time.

I did actually stop running and about 30 secs too soon but only because I wanted to make the Zumba class. I made it just on time but I was a little embarressed. My face was beet red and I was sweating like crazy the entire time. I looked ridiculous!! Oh well, I had fun.

Anyway, I wanted to find out, from you other C25K folks. Have you had any experiences like this???

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The first few minutes is definitely the hardest for me. Once I get 5 or 10 minutes into my run, I feel like I am good and could just keep going for a while! It kind of makes me understand how Forrest Gump started running and just "kept going"! lol
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    That sounds like runner's high! I'm jealous!

First 5 - 8 minutes for me are golden and I feel great and I feel like I could run forever. somewhere between 8-20 for about 10 minutes (it varies) I'm miserable and want to kill someone. then the last few minutes are usually ok - it depends on how good of a run I'm having.