Introduce yourselves!

Options

Replies

• beckrichmond1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm 37, 5'6", I currently weigh 120. I work as a medical assistant at a pediatric office, and I'm in nursing school. I have 3 children, who are my motivation, and a wonderful boyfriend who keeps me grounded. I used to smoke, but haven't had a cigarette in 2 years. I do go to title boxing club, usually twice a week, and do some core training at home when I'm not too exhausted. I'm trying to maintain that weight, as I have been losing weight lately without trying, and after blood work, etc. I've been told it's stress, and that I need to increase my caloric intake, and exercise to reduce stress. When I do get stressed out, I don't eat much, I tend to hyperfocus on things and just forget, or I have no appetite in general. I dropped down to 113 in about 3 months, and have been struggling to stay above 117 since January. So if there's anybody out there who's looking to gain lean muscle and be more physically fit in general, let me know. :)
  • mandeeluvsme
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I love the idea of this group. I Just started so I need to find a twin to help me & I help her. Trying to find someone that is in the same kind of situation so we can relate.

Height:5'4"
    SW: 145
    CW:145
    GW:130

• prisan512
    prisan512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 5'9 1/2", 20 years old from the big NYC. I am an aspiring actress and am constantly looking for motivation.
    I stay fairly active, workouts, sports, dance, etc. But it would be wonderful to have a partner in crime :). I am currently 140lbs and am hoping to lose 20lbs by July at the LATEST! I have many motivational blogs and tumblrs which I follow, and they have helped me a lot.
    I wish the best to all of you. Keep up the spirit!
    xoxo
    B.

I don't see why you would go down 20 lbs you are at a very healthy weight according to your height. Actually a little under currently. Maybe you should work on strengthening and toning and it'll change your body as well. Wish you well and health!
  • IronBarbie
    IronBarbie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I was so happy to find this site and I am eager to see how well this can help me to stay on track. I am 5'6", 160lbs, and a size 12. I am looking to completely change my habits as well as my lifestyle.
  • mrswilliams91
    mrswilliams91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My names Nette. I'm new to myfitnesspal! Just started yesterday and I'm very excited!! I'm currently doing p90x!! I'm also wanting to do the 30 day squat challenge! I have a 3 month old son!! I'm married. We're both active duty Air Force.

I dont have a pic yet but its coming soon.

I need some friends :-(

People that will motivate me and want the same in return!! :flowerforyou:
  • rockinrelish27
    rockinrelish27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rochelle and think this is terrific...
    I am currently at 183 lbs and 5'6, looking to loose around 35 pounds... I need a challenge buddy!!!
    I will be 30 in may
  • psych718
    psych718 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm Cyndi and I just recently joined MyFitnessPal. I am 26, though only for one more week. I'm 5'2 and currently 171 lbs. My current goal is a 20lb loss. I'll think of a new goal once I reach that one.

I'm definitely looking for some motivation.
  • mishiimouse
    mishiimouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Mia, I'm 5'10, and 200 pounds. I love swimming, and riding my bike. I want to lose weight because I want to be able to find clothes because i like them, not because they fit. It's important to me that i keep up a loving relationship with my body, and that's part of it. I love singing, and one of my goals is to lose weight so that i can make musical cast size by September. :)
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi! LOVE this idea! I'm happily married with 3 kids, have had some health challenges (mainly hypothryroidism) for the past 12 years and have found diet and daily exercise to be the BEST remedy.

HT: 5'3"
    LW: 107#
    HW: 154#
    CW: 134#
    GW: 115-120#

Hope to find a twin!
  • yetieddie
    yetieddie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there! This sounds like a fantastic group!

Height 5'10"
    Weight 237lbs
    Goal - 160 - 180 (Muscular)

Married to great woman, Father of 7 great kids, and in a business where health very much matters. And I've slid CONSIDERABLY. Time to right the wrong. Don't know if I'll find a pair partner here but I'm hoping to! Look forward to "meeting" you all!
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    AGE 37
    HT 5'7
    WT 226.0
    GOAL 170-175
    I have been married for 15 years (june 16) with children (1 biological). I have been heavy all my adult life and most of my teen. I am an administrative assistant so I am mostly sitting during the day. I am a snacker and uncontiously snack.
  • brieharp
    brieharp Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree - this is a great idea. I am looking for community on MFP.

I am 27
    5' 10
    155 lbs
    busy as can be, but no kids

I love to work out but cannot find the time and the stress of life had been hard on my fitness goals.

Are there any friends out there for me?!
  • Meagen915
    Meagen915 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI my name is Meagen. Im 21 years old. I work full time and go to school full time and have a 3 year old who i support by myself.. fulltime.. I dont know how or where to begin. I was hoping to find someone I can get started with or someone to give me helpful tips and support.. I do not know what foods to eat, hate water. i constantly have to have something to drink and soda and sweet tea are my go to.. all day long.. im not very motivated to get off the couch when i get home from work or school and i want to regain the energy i had before i had my son. i want to be able to play with him without getting fatigued.. i dont have time for a social life or money for gym memberships or anything.. I desperately need help!! And encouragemnent as well as gain knowledge on what to eat drink and how to exercise on such a busy schedule and tight budget.. My current weight is 186 lbs my goal weight by new years is 130 lbs. im 5 foot 7 in... Help me!! :)
  • lindz221
    lindz221 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was so stoked to find this group. My name is Lindsay, I'm currently a SAHM. I'll be going back to work soon though. I enjoy doing cardio, and I use DVDs at home. I like to switch up from Zumba to Hip Hop Abs. I'll be starting 30DS soon, and I'm adding C25K as well.
  • Elucidate_my_life
    Options
    I need my twin or sister...where the hell are you?!

I want support...the type that CT Fletcher would give...just type his name into you tube! watch his vids...now be my twin dammit! ''Its still your #@#@ing set!''
  • WavyyCakes95
    Options
    Hi. I'm 18, starting college this year.
    Im 211lbs, 5'4"
    My goal is to be 180 and take it from there. I love to walk, and laugh, my greatest exercises. I do leslie sansone walk away the pounds and im starting insanity tomorrow. Twin or not a motivating friend is as good as any :)
  • 8dozendiets
    8dozendiets Posts: 47
    Options
    :smile:
  • 8dozendiets
    8dozendiets Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rosemarie, I live in Southeastern PA but I"m originally from South Jersey. I'm 57 and really looking forward to this. I'm a retail associate part time, also a student and a writer.
  • ashley11scott
    ashley11scott Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    heyyy

Names Ash 26 married with toddler work full time and play basketball year round. I have always been athletic and played college basketball. July 2012 I decided it was time to grow up and eat better for myself and my family.

I am new to Fitnesspal but I was a member at sparkpeople before this. My fav apps are runkeeps, secspro and of course myfitnesspal!

I joined this group to try and find friends who are eating healthy not just here to lose weight while eat poptarts everyday. I want to support and be supported.

Cheers,
    Ash
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    I'm so excited to have found this group!

I'm Morgan. 28 years old and 5'2. My starting weight is 180 pounds and I'm looking to get down to 110 (since I'm quite short). I've been yo yo-ing the same forty pounds for the last ten years, so I'm excited to finally get healthy the right way, rather than through short cuts. I'm new to MFP, but have tried Spark People in the past. My favorite apps are My Fitness Pal (obviously!), Water Your Body (great free app), and Zombies, Run!

Looking forward to finding my MFP doppelgänger :D