Introduce yourselves!

Options

Replies

• SarahMarie78
    SarahMarie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 38 next week. I started really losing last Spring and have lost 60lbs. I am currently 199lbs. My short term goal was to get below 200 and my long term is a body fat % of no more than 24% and at least 170lbs. I have 3 kids and am a teacher. I am 5'6".
  • biancawash
    biancawash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Bianca. I am 36 years old and I live in Odessa Texas. I'm 4'11" and around 150 pounds. I will be receiving my scale tomorrow so I will know my exact weight. My last weigh in was the day after Christmas when I visited my sister's house. My goal weight is 115 pounds. I struggle with losing weight while on steroids for my asthma. I have very supportive husband but all of my sisters have recently moved extremely far away and I need some female support.
  • emijomawson
    emijomawson Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm Emi, I'm 23 from Cornwall in England and I'm a student studying dentistry! I've recently become very interested in nutrition, and have a lot of great recipes to share. Feel free to add me :)

Start weight : 128
    Current weight: 112
    Goal weight: 98
    Height: 5 ft 1
  • ktpls
    ktpls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Danielle. I'm a 31 year old art teacher from NJ. I grew up pretty active and never had much of an issue with my weight. If I gained, I always dropped it pretty easily. Over the past 4 years- based on a variety of factors- I've put on over 50 lbs. I tried multiple times to loose the weight but have had a difficult time sticking with it. In December, I decided I'd had enough and began my weight loss journey. I'm 5'6". I started at 188lbs, curently at 176lbs (down 12 lbs so far woohoo! :smile:), with a goal of 140lbs. Would love to meet and work with others on the same path :smile:
  • MrsWarrior
    MrsWarrior Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Karin, 34 years old and from the Netherlands.
    I am married to my highschool sweetheart and we have 2 kids,
    one human and the other one is furry.
    I'm 5'1" and currently weigh about 176 lbs, I would like to lose about 55 lbs.
    I sit behind my desk all day, I walk my dog in the morning and when I get home at night.
    And I try to get my DDP Yoga sessions in too, although I seem to have trouble doing that.

I would love to meet my "twin"
  • Samphires
    Samphires Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for an accountability buddy.

I'm Sophie, a 27yr old doctor. My job makes me physically and emotionally exhausted and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on my (incredibly unhealthy) eating. I'm constantly telling people they should lose weight and the methods of how to do it... I wish I could listen to my own advice!

My weight has crept up for a number of reasons; binge eating disorder, medication that helped me pile on the pounds and just a plain lack of discipline.

I'm 5ft8, 250lb and want to lose 100lb. If anyone is out there with similar goals and similar difficulties, message me :smile:
  • laural72
    laural72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just filled out my paperwork for finding my perfect buddy. I'm originally from NC but live in sunny Miami now. I work as a crime scene investigator. When I first started, I weighed 208 lbs. I go to a great gym and work with wonderful trainers, follow a nutrition plan and now two months later have gotten to 187.8. I've still got a ways to go, but my job is getting easier because I'm in better shape. I sleep better at night and have more energy.

Good luck to everyone and can't wait to get my buddy!
  • ArizonaDreaming
    ArizonaDreaming Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am Andi and I live in Arizona
    I am a carb-a-holic! Let's make that a cookie-a-holic!

I live in Sedona Arizona, and when I moved here last summer (2015) thought that I would hike every day...well, I hike about once every other week. BUT my problem is eating carbs--mindlessly--all day!

My sad stats:
    Age 54
    current weight: 190
    height: 5'7"
    Goal weight: 150
    Dr said I am pre-diabetic (yikes)

I work from home, sit at a desk most of the day. Walk my dog in the evenings, some hiking.
    I tend to graze in the kitchen all day...seriously, every time I walk near it, i grab something to eat. I've been trying to come up with some meal plans, and making sure I have healthy food in the fridge, but it is hard. I seem to always come home from the grocery store with COOKIES or bread, and then I eat those instead of all the healthy stuff I get. My new favorite is toast with PB&J. I know! it is awful! I'll even bake muffins or cupcakes if I don't have cookies. I am out of control.

Would love some support and ideas for lunch and dinner. And some motivation not to snack all day on carbs.
    Andi in Arizona
  • carlisawells2014
    carlisawells2014 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My name is Carlisa and I live in Michigan. I have been struggling with my weight all my life. I currently weigh 280 lbs and I am 5'4". I have arthritis in both of my knees so it makes it difficult for me to exercise. I really want to lose 100 lbs by May 1, 2017! I don't have the motivation or support that I need to be consistent. I know that I have to "want it" and I do, but I do well for awhile then I fall back into old habits! I get so frustrated with myself, I just quit. I am tried of quitting and want this weight off! I would like a partner that is going to hold me accountable and I will do the same for them. If that person is you, please reach out to me and lets start this journey together! I look forward to meet my new partner!
  • MezArcher
    MezArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is mary :)
    I have to 15kg to lose to hit my 1st goal :)
    I work in a office as a receptionist
    I am 24 and need to be accountable on the weekend I find it really hard as I am out of the weekly routine!!
    my initial motivation is a bad relationship break up and I want to move on and be unrecognisable
    I am currently 76 kg and 150cm
    cheers mary
  • justcallmesam26
    justcallmesam26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sam. I am from Long Island, NY. I have some weird health stuff, so I tend to stick mostly to dieting in order to lose weight, but lately I have been having issues keeping myself on track. I've been trying the zombie run 5k training app though, and like it so far. I am a board certified music therapist, though as of right now I am just teaching private piano and vocal lessons. Super rich foods are my weakness, and carbs. That, and eating out of habit instead of hunger.

Start weight: 190
    Current weight: 177
    Goal weight: 145

Height: 5'7
  • SnowWhite767
    SnowWhite767 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm a teacher in FL, which is why my picture isn't me. Basics: My name is Cyndi. I'm in my mid-twenties, 5'6", and at my highest weight of 160 lbs (my lowest weight at the same height was 115). I'd like to get back to 120 lbs. I'm a recovered bulimic. I was bulimic for a large chunk of my childhood/teen years, so that's an ongoing part of my head space.

Other facts about me: I'm a feminist who follows politics. I'm a gay lady. I love reading books & hiking. I'm a sci fi nerd. And I basically am still figuring things out. People who are stable with families in their 20's kind of amaze me.

Anyway, I'd love to make a friend that would help me be accountable, and I'd be happy to do the same!
  • adrianne8288
    adrianne8288 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Adrianne and I am 48. Just had hip surgery to repair a tear and my brother asked me if I was living my life for 60, 70, or 80 etc...... that kinda hit home for me.
    So I started two weeks ago living like I am gonna hit 100!
    I am not married and I have never had kids..... but I work a really difficult job in retail where the shifts change every day..... I am really trying to learn to cook clean, meal prep, and exercise every day. I hired a trainer and so far things are going pretty good.
    I used to play tennis (would like to get back into this), and this season I am planning on learning to SUP and trying yoga.
    I started at 200 and now I am down to 190, my goal is 140.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Ciintiia3
    Ciintiia3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Cintia. I am 24 years old from Pinedale, Wyoming. I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago and have been fighting to get my weight under control. I have recently reached out to a personal coach/trainer to help me with my eating habits and guid me through a workout regimen that fits me. I am excited to start this journey on the natural way. No pills/wraps or short cuts.

SW: 256
    CW: 239.4
    GW: 160
    Height: 5'5"
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi my name is Richie. I'm Irish but living in Philippines for a number of years.
    Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
    Weight: 146 lbs (66.5 kg)
    Body fat around 18%

I have been active all my life without ever being particularly athletically gifted. I regard myself as quite fit but I'm not particularly strong. I can run 2km in 8:12 and my max bench press is around 135 lbs and my best deadlift max is 220 lbs. I recently lost 10 lbs through increasing intensity of my workouts and counting my calories on this site. My goal is to be around 140 lbs but much leaner than I am now.

I work night shift so it's a challenge to eat the right food. Would be interesting to find my match here for some motivation, encouragement and friendly competition.
  • bbryant573
    bbryant573 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi my name is Brandi. I live in Oklahoma....

I have an office job where I sit down for 8 hours a day - but 3 or 4 of us do try to get up around 2 in the afternoon to go for a little walk.

This past year has been tough, I just recently got taken off my anti-depressant pills which I think may be part of my weight gain issues, now I am having a hard time getting the weight off. So maybe having a partner will be some what motivating to do more then just sit around all day.

Height: 5' 6"
    Weight 176.4
    Weight goal: 155

• canipe777
    canipe777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my Name is Denita. I'm from North Carolina, married to a wonderful husband, we have 2 biological children( son age 26 years, daughter age 24 years, 6 grandchildren, several adopted children. I just started work for Magnolia and Vine. Also just had my 14th major surgery, an 18 year ovarian cancer survivor. I suffer from Migraines, low Thyroid, High and Low blood pressure, arthritis(osteo), Degenerative Disc Disease, High Cholesterol-just to name a few. I currently weigh 290_highest I've ever weighed and want to lose at least 50 lbs(would love to lose more). I really want to get my life back so I can spend more time with family and friends. I will gladly take any support and hope to be an encouragement to others.
  • abitungraceful
    abitungraceful Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Grace and I am a 24 year old chemist working at a biotech company in Cambridge, MA. I am also a certified spin instructor and love weight lifting. My stats are below, I'd love to find someone to pair up with!

High weight: 174 (2008)
    Low weight: 117 (2012)
    Current weight: 164
    Goal weight: 125
  • Tristenvdberg
    Tristenvdberg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) New to MFP but looking to find some friends. I'm 21 and from South Africa.

I am an avid pole fitness fanatic. Love dancing, music and singing. Currently a singing teacher but moving to the US in 2017 to au pair.

Joined to keep myself accountable and see my progress more clearly. I've lost about 15kgs in the past but gained it back and some so now I'm back at it. I want to shake off the extra weight to feel more body confident and so I have a brand new start with a new life in a new place.

Stats:
    HW: 210 lbs
    CW: 202 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs
    Height: 5'4
  • Liv2LovemyBody
    Liv2LovemyBody Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 5'6 163lbs
    My name is Maria,
    I'm a mom, and a wife, I struggle with depression at times but more then ever want to get fit to be an example for my kids and who I long to be..get healthier with more energy and learn to love myself for who I am.