Introduce yourselves!

Options

Replies

• mchhughes
    mchhughes Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get my friends to join MFP, but no luck, so hopefully I'll find an MFP buddy here.

My name is Myfanwy. I'm 21-years-old, 5'4" and about 60kg (tends to fluctuate by about 1-2kg).

I'm living in south-west London and working as an EFL teacher. It's hard to find time to go to the gym, as I flit from school-to-school, but I'm trying my best. I'm hoping when I return to uni in 2015, I'll have more time to work out.

I want to lose at least 10 pounds and finally be happy with the way I look and be functionally fit and strong. I want to look a lot more toned and lean than I do now. Less complaining and more training!

Guilty pleasures? Food in general, I eat big portions of everything... and carbs.... they are my guilty pleasure. Pasta, bread, you name it.
  • genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am 168cm/5' 6'' tall, and my current weight is 69kg/152lbs. I'm looking for a pair that needs to lose a little weight (around 10kg) and strengthen his/her body.
    In the last 2 years I have experienced many problems with my shoulder muscles and back due to lack of exercice and sitting in a chair all day (I'm a university student so I can't help it..). So my goal is to combine daily exercice with healthy eating in order to make my body healthier (and with less pain.. :/ ). Feel free to add me even if our goals don't match, I'll try to encourage and motivate you as much as I can!

Good luck to all!
  • victoria_b482
    victoria_b482 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Victoria and I am 27 years old 5'4" and 153 lbs I am looking to lose about 30 pounds and at least fit back into my size 11 pants or smaller. I just want to be toned and feel great too to keep up with my three young children.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Laura, I'm 25 and married. Full time mom to a 2 year old, full time employed at a desk job! UGH! I started this journey in June at 260, I didn't get serious until about 3 months ago and now I'm at 246. My goal weight is 160! I wanted to get on the right track to health because my hormones are all out of whack and my husband and I would like to try and have another child before the end of next year. :) I also wanted to change the way my family sees food. Both my own family and my husbands family have a very unhealthy relationship with food and so we have been battling how we were raised. Both of us have gone up and down the scale in the past 3 years. I am glad I'm seeing consistant results! :)
  • Schwartzam2
    Options
    Hi there! I am Amanda, 30 - single mom of 2 daughters 15 & 11. The kids keep me quite busy but I am determined to change myself for me & them, which means making time for the gym, and skipping fast food meals before games or practices. I started at 234, I am finally in One-der-Land after 6 intense month and have another 30-40 lbs to my goal (long term), but my next celebratory goal will be 180, which is 14 pounds away!
  • IronLizerd
    IronLizerd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new. My name is Liz and I am 20 years old.
    This group seems like a really good concept but it doesn't seem active anymore.
    I hope that's not true.
  • shreyaanand22
    shreyaanand22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! i am Shreya, desperately looking for my twin, i am 26yrs old and i am 16/18 dress size. I am married from almost 4 years (no baby yet but a miscarriage last year :brokenheart: ) and i am working with a publishing company (Dorling Kindersley) as an Art Editor (designer) [by profession]. I love eating and trying different cuisine.. and my motivation of loose weight is that i could eat whatever i like and want, till me older years and STAYING in a good shape and size which is why i would like to exercise with a little bit of portion control and adapt to on-time eating habit. My job is mostly sedentary, but i try and get to my walks in the evening.

AND, I LOVE TRAVELING, and i organize travel trips across INDIA, which makes me meet a lot of people with different interests and culture.
  • shreyaanand22
    Options
    I'm Elisabeth. I'm 28, from California but I live and work in Malaysia as a teacher.

I'm looking to lose 50-60 lbs and would love some support/motivation.

I actually really enjoy working out because I like the challenge, just seem to be lacking the initial "get going" motivation right now.

Hi Elisabeth,

i am 26 from India, i am a designer cum destination manager. I am looking forward to loose 50lbs too. :)
  • shreyaanand22
    Options
    I am 27, married for 5 years, always been the 'fat friend.' I am 5'9" and currently 187lbs. Ive had a gym memberhsip for well over 3 years. I stopped weighing in becuase i wasnt losing. I was closer to 200lbs then. I would love to see 160 but my ultimate goal would be 155. I LOVE FOOD! Of all kinds, except veggies! My hubby and I have tried to start eating 'real' and 'clean' food. I hate cooking and baking, so this has been a new challenege, but i have experenced NSV success in making clean foods at home (like mayo! for summer side salds).

I am new to MFP (two weeks i think) (but not new to attempting to lose weight). I was feeling like the message boards were really encouraging but so massive in terms of people who are involved and people who already know eachother! So this is cool way to meet people with similar goals and such. I am looking foward to it. I tend to be high engery and postive (glass half full), and i love how good i feel after a work out. I am super CHEAP so i dont go to the greatest gym, no classes, no pool. Its basically a building with lots of equipment in it. In Febuary, i started using weight machines and doing planks. FIrst time ever doing any strengthen of any kind, not a fan, but i have read too much saying its good for you.

Hi, i am Shreya.
    Current weight - 192lbs
    goal weight - 143lbs

LOVE FOOD AND TRAVEL! have sedentary work as i am a designer and needs to be in front of my computer most of the time. I try and go for brisk walks in the evening for an hour and take care of the food portion size.

Hope we get to connect ! :)
  • The0neWhoKnocks
    The0neWhoKnocks Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Male 23 y.o. 6'0, CW: 87.1kg (192lbs), GW: 80kg (176lbs)

Hi there!

I'm a 23 year old guy from the London, and I'm a student in healthcare. I have always been overweight and unfit, and LOVE food. I want to get my fitness/strength up and look/feel a bit better in my body size/shape. My priority is to lose the fat at the moment, simply cos I can always carry on more intense training afterwards but still feel good about myself. I'm a big guy so at 80kg if I eat clean and continue training then a fair amount would be muscle weight.

What triggered this I guess was...hmm well, joining a gym motivated me to eat better in whatever the opposite of a vicious cycle is! This is not the first time I've joined a gym but it's the longest I've maintained good habits.

T0WK
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm a 23 year old, single mom of one little guy and I'm 5'3 @ 220lbs. I'm a really shy person, but would like someone to help me with my weight loss journey and I can cheer them on back. :smile:
  • AmandaLeighisme
    AmandaLeighisme Posts: 110 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I hope this works... I'd love a buddy to one-on-one with. (Not to say I don't love all the friends I've made on MFP otherwise.)
    I'm Amanda. 23y/o. California.
    5'3. (well - 5'2.75 but I round)
    SW: 193 lbs/ 87.6 kgs (at least)
    CW: 168 lbs/ ~76 kgs
    GW: 136 lbs/ 61.7 kgs (thinking of even bumping down to 128/58.1 kgs
    I've always been chubby at least and, after some less than flattering pictures at a Christmas party last December, I decided to get my act together and really work on myself.
    So far I've lost 25-ish since March and I'm working on the rest but I'm looking to some of the groups here on MFP to really push me the rest of the way.
    I'm a big TV buff. I love Supernatural and I'm getting into Arrow (so you can guess the types of shows I go for off those two). And I figured the best way to motivate me was to look to those TV shows for inspiration. What better way to keep motivated than to say "I wanna do the things Oliver Queen does"? (I realize that I would probably break my neck trying that so my sights are set a few steps behind his abilities plus I didn't have his intense training. :wink: )
    So I'm looking at adding strength-training/heavy-lifting (when I get to the heavy part) to my routine and I'm looking on getting better at running without dying.
    Food-wise, I just try to make sure I'm not eating the entire pantry in one sitting and it's doing well. I've slowly gotten used to the little meals sporadically instead of just eating thousands of calories at 10PM cuz I realized I didn't eat before. No real fancy diet plans. I might steal ideas from things like Paleo or try gluten-free foods or eat a vegan meal once in a while but that's not really my focus.
  • sbass92
    sbass92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, any baby boomers out there with over 100lbs to lose?
  • olofrun
    Options
    Hey everyone :) I'm Ólöf and I'm 19. I'm not following any specific diet, just trying to be all around healthier and feel better about myself.

I'm around 5'2 (160cm)
    Highest weight: 171 pounds (78 kg)
    Current weight: 160 (73,6 kg)
    Goal weight: 120 (I'm short) (55 kg)

I'm kinda new here but I'm hoping to make some friends to motivate me to keep going :) I'd really like to find a weightloss buddie to have on mfp, snapchat, instagram and all that stuff!
  • claireharp
    claireharp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Claire, 24 from London. Busy work and social life, and not got to grips with portion control - or my binge eating. I have a gym membership and go swimming a fair amount. But definitely need a helping hand, or a kick up the butt every now and then. I would love to be 10 stone, have around 2 stone to loose.
  • nnorie3
    Options
    Hi, I'm Norma, I'm 20 and in Chicago. I'm a full-time college student and have two part-time jobs.
    The way I deal with stress is through comfort foods, which is why I've gained a lot of weight since I've started college. About 10lbs every winter and summer break. I'm now breaking that cycle.

I'm cutting out sugars and heavy starches, and after I'm done with this semester, I plan on working a lot of hours as well as working out for a lot of hours :smiley:

I'm at 205ish, already down 5lbs from my heaviest weight.

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • nsgriff2
    Options
    Hey guys,
    My name is Nate, I recently graduated college (go Wolfpack!), studied environmental engineering and am now on the hunt for work and considering graduate school; I also intend on joining the Coast Guard reserves if possible which is part of the motivation to lose some weight.
    I started running and lifting weights about 1.5 years ago and in the process went from 225lbs to 175lbs. I started slacking off on diet and cardio over the past few months and am up to my current weight of 186lbs. I mainly want to be more comfortable with the way I look and feel and get rid of some of this extra fat I'm carrying around.
    I thought this group sounded like an awesome way to connect and get some additional motivation!

Current weight: 186 lbs
    Goal weight: 170 lbs
    Height: 5'6"
  • JockeyTaylor
    Options
    Hey There
    Well my names Taylor
    I enjoy being outside, I go mountain biking 1-3 times a week, Ride horses 2-3 times each.
    Im a 5' Tall, 22yr old female. In the winter I tend to gain a few pounds. Currently im 110lbs, usually 105lbs in the summer. My goal is to be a Flat Race Jockey, looking to start working at a race track this coming summer to work on that.
    Would love to meet some people to share goals with, currently do everything by myself. And as you can tell im not very good at telling about myself.
  • Dannosarusrex
    Dannosarusrex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN. Work night shift. Type 1 MD for over 20 yrs. 38 yrs old. 5'6. Recently started working out again. Lifting weights and jogging.
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Jacqueline. I live in Canada, i'm 18 years old, and I am 5'5. I weight 200 pounds as of today and I hope to someday get to 130. my goal is to lose around 10 pounds in January, and a total of 40 by June 1st 2015. I am a student studying aviation, living on rez and on a meal plan with limited money in my bank. I have had a slight eating disorder but ive over came that.. then gained weight back.. I am hoping not to slip back into my old ways.