30 Day Shred

Options
I am sure y'all have seen my post regarding the 30 day shred. I have heard the results are amazing! I am starting on Monday if you are interested in joining me. There is a group that has been set up already and some of the ladies have started the program and are seeing the results. The dvd is on sale at Amazon for $6.99 plus you get free shipping if you are a Prime Member or if you opt to try the Prime membership free for 2 months. The link for the group is below:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1844-30-day-shred-january-2012

This is a link to give you an idea of the results.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/407062-30-day-shred-progress-pix

Hope you can join me :-)

Replies

• lysistrataNix
    lysistrataNix Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I might join you, I already have the DVD. I think I might start next week though, so I can prepare to have my butt handed to me by Jillian. Maybe doing the shred and my workout at the gym will help me lose weight quicker.
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    I have the DVD too, I'll think about it. She killed me just doing 1 week of it a while ago, not sure I'm ready for her again lol!
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVD, I am going to start tonight, Do I really need the hand weights??? I have the Zumba toning sticks I wonder if I can use those instead.
  • lysistrataNix
    Options
    Mira, you want to use really light hand weights. I have 5lb weights and it KILLS my arms to do the strength, 1.5-2.5 weights would be perfect.
  • Oneday150
    Options
    Thank you Lysis :)
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this too....so bummed because it used to be on my "on demand" choices for free with my cable. There is nothing there by Jillian anymore and it's been there for 3 years. WTF? I guess I have to go buy it now!
  • cheekymommy
    Options
    I am not a fan of JM but upon seeing and reading some of the results, I am ready to give her a try. I know she can kick butt so I am mentally preparing myself this weekend :-)
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    Yay! I bought the DVD today at WalMart because it's easier than ordering off the internet. I would have had to pay for shipping anyhow. My friend from nursing school did this video but she was alrady pretty fit so the results were hard to see.
  • Oneday150
    Options
    I did my first day today, 29 more days to go. I will take daily pics to see what it does. I started a blog with pictures only.
  • Fluffy_girl
    Fluffy_girl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in but I'm starting Monday. I don't want DH watching me sweating and uncoordinated lol. Has anyone tried any of her other videos??
  • cheekymommy
    Options
    Fluffy, you are so funny. I also wait until my hubby is gone before doing any of my dancing games :-)
  • mrscrystal2
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow....are you all doing it everyday, or every other?
  • lysistrataNix
    Options
    I'm starting for sure next week, so I'll be a week behind everyone else. I'm going to at least aim to do it Monday -Friday and take Saturday and Sunday off since my husband is home those days. I don't like working out in front of him
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    Pumped up for tomorrow! Anyone know how many calories it burns?
  • lysistrataNix
    Options
    I see it most commonly logged as "circuit training general" and just put in the minutes worked out. I've also seen it logged as "the shred level 1"
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I was only able to do about 10 minutes of it before I started shaking really bad. I'm still kinda shaky feeling and crabby. Hopefully I can do the whole thing in the next couple days. :(
  • Rainbowsong
    Options
    I don't wanna seem like a negative nancy, but is it really possible to get that toned in just 7 days? I looked at the success link posted and I have a hard time believing she changed that much. I'll have to find more posts about it when I get on the computer. I haven't done much reading through the forums here. Anyone else seen before and after pics so drastic in such a short time? Maybe I'm just blind when it comes to results because I haven't tried to tone and lose weight before. That's awesome if it really works that well. I'm gonna have to pick up that DVD!
  • cheekymommy
    Options
    I plan on tackling it everyday for the full 30 days.

Guess what??!! I just completed the Shred level 2!!! DH thought it would be funny to play a prank and watch me struggle through the workout. If I could move my arms and legs right now, he'd be a dead man! Needless to say, I am not talking to him right now.
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    LOL what a butt.
  • Oneday150
    Options
    I am on day 5 today and I must say my endurance has change so much I thought it was impossible too. I do feel a difference my stomach and legs and my husband says he feels me different to. I have taken a picture on day one and will take another on day 7. Even my jeans are fitting differently in a good way