Gained weight so far

Options
MeganSWoods
MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
I know it is only .2 lbs and is probably water weight, but it is frustrating to have worked hard this week and have gained instead of lost! Anyone else in this boat?

Replies

• Karlaki
    Karlaki Posts: 74
    Options
    I was in that boat the first time I started the Shred. I gained 5 over the first two weeks then had a little accident resulting in a cut head and had to stop for a bit. Stay focused anyway, I've heard lots of people say they lost more inches than weight on the Shred.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That's practically nothing ;)

When your muscles are in pain, they will hold more water.

Just stick with it and you will see results. Make sure you are drinking enought water as well!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSS! Thank you for posting this becasue I felt like I was the only one not reporting loss in pant size and all. I am drinking my water like crazy eating below my calorie count each day and I am up 3 pounds this week! I was so upset. I am going to keep pushing. Not only that I am doing the shred and a biggest loser cardio max workout at the same time!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs when i was 5 days in...now on day 10 i have lost 2.5 from my starting point. I think its water retention from sore muscles. It's so discouraging to not see it on the scale....stick with it! you WILL get results!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that its water retention due to sore muscles. I didn't know sore muscles did that. I am up 1.4 lbs and steady. I feel like my clothes are looser though. I know it's not my eating and I only started exercising this week.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Its common to gain with strength training---remember muscle weigh more than fat!! Just think..you are building muscle!:smile:
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've gained a couple pounds since starting... but like everyone else already said, it's to be expected in the beginning. :)