Holiday Weight Gain on Maintenance

Options
pelleld
pelleld Posts: 363 Member
I'm in maintenance and have been for a while. My weight has been between 114 and 116 since late October so I record it as 115 here. I weigh almost daily and know that there will be normal fluctuations, and I don't get upset by them. I ate over maintenance for several days during the Christmas/New Year's Holidays. Now that the holidays are over I am at 117, but I thought I'd drop back down by now. Should I revert back to less calories till I'm back at 115? Or should I assume that I will return to that weight by just returning to maintenance calories? Any advice?

Replies

• nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've also put a few pounds on over the festive period! I think I've put on 3 pounds, but it's TOM for me at the moment so I'm not sure exactly how many I've put on! Scales say 5! I've dropped my cals back down to 1450 which equates to about 0.5 pounds per week, my plan is to eat this for a short while until I'm sure the Christmas weight has gone, then my plan is to be good through the week and relax at the weekends and I'll see how that goes! I have a 4-5 pound range and at the moment I am at the top end of that.

Well done for only putting 2pounds on over the festive period, it's not an easy time! So to keep that weight gain to a minimum is great!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 pounds and have so far lost 3. I did not adjust my goals on MFP but am self regulating and trying to stay with a pretty decent deficit until I get back to where I was in maintenance. I tried to do 1200 to begin with but was miserably hungry so it did not work for me at all. But eating around 1400 or so is working for the most part. Obviously it's working actually because I've already lost 3 of the 4.

This might be TMI but I have been eating a LOT of fruit the past few days and well, fruit has a lot of fiber therefore "things" happen when you eat a lot of fiber. That's when I lost the weight. I had noticed my tummy was really bloated looking and now it is back to the usual flatness. So I think part of my weight gain was just being backed up from not eating right for a few weeks. Just something to think about.