Meta in 2012!

Options
Yay! So glad to see a TAM group here :) I've come back to MFP after getting frustrated with LiveStrong (which was telling me to eat 800 calories a day...).

A little about me....I'm a law student, which keeps me stressed and busy. I'm horrible with staying consistent with exercise, and though I'm better about dieting, I really struggle with emotional eating and general bad diet habits. This time last year (January 2011) I had hit 178 - at barely 5'2", I was horrified.

I also suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), which makes it really hard to lose weight. After losing about 10 lbs on my own by March 2011, I finally saw a doctor who put me on Metformin, a diabetes/insulin resistance regulating medication that is prescribed to PCOS sufferers and aids in weight loss.

In June 2011, I got engaged (!) and that really motivated me to get on the right track. I started watching what I ate (with the help of MFP!) and exercising more. By November 2011, I was down to 151-153 lbs (my weight in 2007!).

Now, after finals period and the holidays (less careful with dieting and nearly no exercise at all!), it's 2012 and time to get back on track. I REALLY want to finish Metamorphosis (Abcentric) and make exercise part of my routine. I want to be consistent with both diet AND exercise, and lose these next 20 lbs to bring myself into a NORMAL BMI. I was already excited to finally go from an obese BMI down to overweight, but there's still work to be done!

I decided not to do Tracy's eating plan - I did the pureed food for 3 days and now I'm just disgusted. I'll be using MFP and trying to eat as clean as possible, sticking to an eating plan like this one: http://www.theinsideskinnynow.com/tracy-andersons-diet-lose-20lbs-in-6-wks/

Anyway, I'm glad this group is here and I hope we can support each other :) The Facebook group is overwhelming and the Meta Community never works, so I think this is a great resource.

Anyone else out there re-committing to TAM? Let's help each other stick it out! :)

Replies

• Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad to see a TAM group here :) I've come back to MFP after getting frustrated with LiveStrong (which was telling me to eat 800 calories a day...).

A little about me....I'm a law student, which keeps me stressed and busy. I'm horrible with staying consistent with exercise, and though I'm better about dieting, I really struggle with emotional eating and general bad diet habits. This time last year (January 2011) I had hit 178 - at barely 5'2", I was horrified.

I also suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), which makes it really hard to lose weight. After losing about 10 lbs on my own by March 2011, I finally saw a doctor who put me on Metformin, a diabetes/insulin resistance regulating medication that is prescribed to PCOS sufferers and aids in weight loss.

In June 2011, I got engaged (!) and that really motivated me to get on the right track. I started watching what I ate (with the help of MFP!) and exercising more. By November 2011, I was down to 151-153 lbs (my weight in 2007!).

Now, after finals period and the holidays (less careful with dieting and nearly no exercise at all!), it's 2012 and time to get back on track. I REALLY want to finish Metamorphosis (Abcentric) and make exercise part of my routine. I want to be consistent with both diet AND exercise, and lose these next 20 lbs to bring myself into a NORMAL BMI. I was already excited to finally go from an obese BMI down to overweight, but there's still work to be done!

I decided not to do Tracy's eating plan - I did the pureed food for 3 days and now I'm just disgusted. I'll be using MFP and trying to eat as clean as possible, sticking to an eating plan like this one: http://www.theinsideskinnynow.com/tracy-andersons-diet-lose-20lbs-in-6-wks/

Anyway, I'm glad this group is here and I hope we can support each other :) The Facebook group is overwhelming and the Meta Community never works, so I think this is a great resource.

Anyone else out there re-committing to TAM? Let's help each other stick it out! :)
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Hi!
    I'm back to Tracy anderson as others methods made me bulk!
    I'm doing Meta Omnicentrric. I'm at level 1 day 4 today!

Feel free to add me. We can support each other!