What type of fitness did you do you do today?

Options
Netzie
Netzie Posts: 107 Member
I walked. I work in an office and me and coworker walked down the street and up the other that as a slight incline and then made a loop back to the office. We took a 20 min walk. I am lucky our boss ecourage us to get up and walk if we want. It actually helps clear then mind and improve circulation to make us better workers. So now I am looking to increase the pace and distance. Today i did increase the distance a bit. it is usually a 10 min walk.

Replies

• Netzie
    Options
    OOOPs!!!! typo......I think we can loose a "you do" in the title :noway:
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I try to do at least something everyday. (except for the last two days because I have had food poisoning)

Things I do:
    Walking a bit (I count grocery shopping too because it would be much easier to ride one of those carts!)
    Clean my house (yep, you better believe that I count it! As out of shape as I am it is indeed a workout.)
    Geocaching
    Xbox 360 - Kinect games (I got it for Christmas & I love it!):
    -The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout
    -The Gunstringer
    -Fruit Ninja
    -Kinect Adventures
  • EmmyC78
    Options
    I bought a yoga dvd and i am going to try it out tonight after work
  • marrtini21
    marrtini21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will hit the gym after work. It's awesome that you can buy now all these calorie tracking apps, dvds and fitness games. I got on Christmas a Carmen Electra's workout dvd which includes hiphop, aerobic striptease, and... lap dance. I haven't tried it yet but it's going to be fun!
  • kate1959
    Options
    Walked 65 minutes this morning outside on walking path.
  • mmorales76
    Options
    Today I went to the gym like I always do everyday. I did 18mins on the treadmill, 18mins on the bike, 22mins on the elliptical, 6 sets of 10 reps (35lbs) crunches, 6sets of 10 reps (70lbs) on inside and outside of thighs, 2 sets of 10 reps (20lbs) leg presses. That is pretty much what I do every day at the gym except for Sundays. Some times I might do a few other things so i will let y'all know on that day.:happy:14582489.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CooieNinja
    CooieNinja Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today, for the first time in months, I went to the Gym. I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill and lost about 160 calories I think! ^_^
    I did a bit of cycling(for like 10 minutes perhaps?) and did nearly 500 to 600 skips.
    Today's just the beginning so I that's enough I guess. But I won't go so easy on myself from tomorrow onwards. Hee-hee! :D
    Oh, and I used the stairs instead of the Elevator(Great Achievement considering how I'm always so lazy)
    14571219.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nanita02
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I hope you don't mind me, a grandma to join in... Goals are the same right?
    This year I made a promise to do 30 min a day exercise! Walk the dog, treadmill, fitness flyer whatever!! Will organize my videos for variation..
    Then Monday's, Weds, and Fridays my husband n I work out in our basement. We have our own fitness center!! We weight train.. Yes he is my personal trainer, he worked me hard today! Working arms legs ankles and those dreaded jelly rolls I hate, he pushes me proudly. We are a fab team!
    We worked 2 hours today! Phew!!!!!
    Love every painful second! Growl! :wink:
    I do have a question, how and where can I apply the weight loss ticker! I'm going nuts trying but nothing..
    Help, please...:sad: :sad:
  • Nanita02
    Options
    Oops, i did it! Huuhuu :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    6:40 am some warmups and sun salutations in my pjs. When I do the sun salute every day for a couple of weeks I get very strong arms that feel ready for action. Thank you for starting this group!
  • kate1959
    Options
    Walked to market-30 minutes
    Jogged 15 minutes/Walked 50 minutes (Jog2.5min/walk1.5min in the middle of a 4 mile walk) combination
  • liznotyet
    Options
    overdid it a bit today with the yard cleanup work and taking down the holiday decorations. My knees ache but I rewarded all my effort with a glass of red wine. I will do some more tomorrow!
  • mmorales76
    Options
    Today I did the treadmill for 20 minutes and the ellipical for 20 minutes and the arm bike for 5 minutes, Then I went over to the weights and did my legs, You can look at my diary to see all of what I did if you would like.

Hopw you all had a good day today. Keep up the good work everyone:happy:
  • ksmorck
    ksmorck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sunday I rode my horse 4.5 miles. Then rode another mile with my 18lb son in the front pack, did barn chores with him there and walked to the house (approx 1/2 mile). Definitely not organized, focused exercise but tons of fun for both of us!
  • Netzie
    Options
    Today on break me and a coworker did a 20 min walk. Went over a bit on break but that is okay, We get in a 5am and did the walk a 7am. Woke us up a bit more and rejuvinated us. Tonight my daughter wants me to do some kind of work out with her. Looking forward to it.
  • Ms_Charity
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Everyone!

I start my day off at the gym at 6am...every weekeday...and to be honest, I don't yet love rolling out of bed that early...HOWEVER, once I get there and get going, I feel AWESOME! I also love not having to worry about a 'formal' workout for the rest of the day. Weekends involve long walks/hikes with the dogs and whatever other activity comes our way.

Today, Jan. 9th...did 45mins of a walk/run routine on the treadmill...I have a knee injury from dislocating it twice, so I have to build running up slowly...I'm also Asthmatic, so I have to strengthen my lungs as well...today consisted of 3mins run/1 min walk...apparently I burned about 500cals...I'll take it! :smile:
  • mmorales76
    Options
    Well I forgot to log for the weekend so I will do it now, Saturday I went to the gym and did my normal things there, Sunday I went on a 20 minutes walk with my hubby and neices and nefews, Then today I went to the gym and did the bike and arm bike and weights. That is all now i am all caught up now. Y'all have a great day and keep up the good work. :happy:
  • liznotyet
    Options
    Someone gave me an hour with a trainer for Christmas... so yesterday I had it and it was awesome! lots of variations to crunches and planks, and he gave me ideas for remembering to keep my posture. Today I am sore but tomorrow I will be back. ;-)
  • mmorales76
    Options
    Today I went to the gym and did 25 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 minutes on the weights. Was a great workout. Y'all keep up the good work.
  • mmorales76
    Options
    It was about the same today except it was 5 minutes less. I had to leave a little early for a doctors appointment. I guess that I will have to make it up.

I guess I should day that this is for Jan 10th, I know that I am postin late.