Carb cycling?

Options
SeattleGrl
SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
I've been reading more about carb cycling, where you incorporate higher carb days between low carb days. Some say switch every other day and others add a higher carb day twice a week.
Does anyone here practice this method?
Thanks for any input :smile:

Replies

• mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'll do one high-carb day per week along with increased calories. This is both to keep my metabolism high and provide me with a way to have the high-carb foods I love, albeit with much less frequency than I used to have them.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My dietician mentioned that I will go to carb cycling eventually -- but since I am not having cravings, I am holding off. Not sure of the frequency, though.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been "carb cycling" with some success. It's more that I have a kind of cheat/different day Saturdays. I eat more calories and more carbs. I have gone between 20 and 60 carbs on a normal day, on a cheat day I end up around 120 or more, but I try not to go CRAZY.

Have been losing steadily for the most part... Somewhat of a plateau right now, but that's more because I was sick and not eating over 600-800 calories... Not good.