Low Carb Headache?

Options
RonneyKay
RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
I have had a head ache all day? Could this be due to going low carb? just curious. I started eating "clean" about a month and a half ago. I remember going thru "withdrawals". But I dont remember a head ache.

so just asking. what were the side effects when you first began low carbing?

thanks guys!

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Probably something else going on -- you might be dehydrated? Also, my dietician says I need more salt on low carb. Try drinking some broth - you know the kind that's salty. I was told to put a teaspoon of salt in water and swig it!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have had a head ache all day? Could this be due to going low carb? just curious. I started eating "clean" about a month and a half ago. I remember going thru "withdrawals". But I dont remember a head ache.

so just asking. what were the side effects when you first began low carbing?

thanks guys!

Is your food diary correct? Hope you aren't skipping meals -- that will give you a huge headache!!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    not intentionally. I had a head ache and was sick to my stomache. but finally got hungry so I went to in and out and had a double double protein style and it was GOOOOOD! hahha....

I'm feeling better now. I get migraines sometimes but haven't had one in a while, I think that's what it was. I should be back on track tomorow! woot!

So far I am finding low carb liberating! suddenly I can eat things that were "off limits" before.. ie, cream cheese... yummie! AND... double double protein style! OMG! that was sooooo goooood! :)
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I do keto, and whenever I get a headache it usually means I'm dehydrated and hungry, so I drink a lot of water and have something high in fat, like mozzarella and olive oil. That usually clears it right up.