Food Help / Guide

Options
denz100plus
denz100plus Posts: 41 Member
I cannot get over how many calories are in Fruit!! I always thought any fruit or vege was good for you.

What foods do you find tasty and filling that are low calorie... or low calorie for the amount of fillingness you get from it?

Replies

• denz100plus
    denz100plus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ooo I just made this smoothie http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/appetizers-beverages/110738-very-low-cal-strawberry-smoothie-recipe.html

Nom nom nom!

Funny thing is they say 0 cal for vanilla essence but MFP says 6 per tsp. As do some other sites (like calorie king). So I would leave it out next time. I do not have low fat milk, so made it 1/2 milk 1/2 water. The recipe made 2 large glasses. I had one - see my diary for entry. Oh, and I used normal fresh and fruity strawberry joghurt, not non fat. So mine was 100cal but you could make it lower. Still was yummy. Would be a great afternoon tea on a hot day (not that we see many of those)
  • Dejay50
    Options
    Good idea to make smoothies. With all this rain I had forgotten about yummy summer smoothies. I'm actually finding it difficult to keep under my calorie limit, even though I don't eat huge amounts. Will have to google some more low cal ideas. Thanks for the smootie idea :)