Ketosis anyone?

Options
IHeartNewMe
IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
I've seen some discussion under other threads regarding the "K" word. I thought I would start this topic to see what others do to get into ketosis and compare notes. It's a cool little secret weapon to pull out and heard it referred to as a way to "re-boot" your system to get back into the fat burning for energy. But, I have a lot to learn. It can also be a pretty frustrating process because it seems like you have to go pretty strict, like under 10 grams of incidental carbs/day. I use the sticks to check. It seems that around 9 p.m. at night is when I can see it on the stick, if I am in ketosis. I also understand it can take about 3 days to get into ketosis. But, I know everyone is different. Please share your experiences. Thanks!

Replies

• seattlern
    Options
    I am in Ketosis right now! :-)
    This time around I have been using the Dukan Diet for the past week and would say I went into ketosis on about day 3-4. I think it would have been sooner but I cheated and ate a bunch of vegetables on day 2...I'm such a rebel. :tongue: Today is day 7 and I'm still feeling great so I will probably hang in with the attack phase for a few more days at least.
  • seattlern
    Options
    I am in Ketosis right now! :-)
    This time around I have been using the Dukan Diet for the past week and would say I went into ketosis on about day 3-4. I think it would have been sooner but I cheated and ate a bunch of vegetables on day 2...I'm such a rebel. :tongue: Today is day 7 and I'm still feeling great so I will probably hang in with the attack phase for a few more days at least.
    I should also mention that I have been averaging 20+ total carbs per day. I don't know how people get much lower than that unless you just ate chicken all day.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have my macro set at 30 grams of carbs/day but I strive to stay closer to 20 since that's where my body responds best/fastest. I keep forgetting to pick up keto sticks to actually take measurement....
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in ketosis right now as well... After my Christmas sugar binge it took me nearly a week to get back into it! But, finally those sticks started turning pink again :happy: and I'm feeling great now! I try to keep carbs at less than 20g per day as well.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to restrict too much, so after a month long hiatus from dieting to focus on quitting smoking, it took me two weeks to get back into ketosis. I was also up 9lbs! Now up 4. I definitely find losing weight easier this way. I also feel much better!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I find if I do 2-3 days of eating around 20g of carbs per day that'll pop me in to the wonderful world of Ketosis. I do have pee sticks but I know I'm there because I want to drink a lot more and find I don't feel so hungry all the time. I love not feeling bloated with this way of eating :-))
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way into ketosis now. I love it, my body feels alot better. I stay under 30g of carbs pretty easily as long as I dont allow myself any room for failure. I stick strictly to mainly eggs, fish, and fibrous veggies. Oh, and cheese, mayo, and sour cream :)